Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Video Interview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

<p>Learn more about the arts of streamlining, radiant story and more in <a href="http://www.gamepro.com/video/news/157103/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-e3-interview/" target="_blank">this video interview</a> on <strong>The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim</strong> with Bethesda's Ashley Cheng.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

tindrli

Arcane
2nhkldl.jpg

NO COMMENT

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I remember the good old days when devs were anonymous and almost mystical beings, spending their time actually making good games rather than farting about showing their stupid mugs around vomiting marketspeak.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
commie said:
I remember the good old days when devs were anonymous and almost mystical beings, spending their time actually making good games rather than farting about showing their stupid mugs around vomiting marketspeak.
:love:

So, they basically gutted the coolest features of the game to make it more "welcoming." I can't say it's a surprise, but it is still a tremendous disappointment. I was kind of hoping it would be the second coming of Morrowind, but it's only the next step on the road to CoD: Teh Eldar Skrolz.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
jiujitsu said:
only the next step on the road to CoD: Teh Eldar Skrolz.

I just started up Dark Messiah again and man I wish Arkane was making an open world ARPG. They threw out stats but made combat great. Bethesda is throwing out stats but the combat is still always shit. They'll never get close to a decent FPS combat experience with their games, just like Bioware won't because they still try and imagine they are making RPG's. The limitations Arkane faced with Source and the need to make a 'combat game' from the get go actually made them think about making the combat work first and then adapting light RPG elements afterwards. If they could be allowed to keep this combat(enhance it a bit), add more RPG elements and an open world, it would be fuckin' heavan!

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I believe i posted this in the wrong tread yesterday... (She/It asks if you can ride the dwagons, right?)

That has to be a mole.. one of us... couse...
It's hard for me to believe, that people, or idiots (whatever you prefer) actually ask for this...
I consider myself quite synical towards the current TES (target) audience... but this trend is becomming the headshot for the genre :violin:

Ah well.. that means more strategy gaming :salute:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
youtube here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsttJd-5L2k

I googled for a bit and kat bailey on the right is a chick

and I started watching the video and it started out with the thing on the right giving her a smoldering come-hither look while she's doing her intro which evaporated as she turned around after saying 'elder scrolls skyrim' and asked her first question and yes dudevoice detected

I closed it very shortly after because the actual content of the interview does not bear discussion

Achilles

Arcane
jiujitsu said:
I was kind of hoping it would be the second coming of Morrowind, but it's only the next step on the road to CoD: Teh Eldar Skrolz.

Why on earth would you even have that hope. Bethesda is a lost cause.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom