Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Save 50% on all Interplay Games on GoG

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Interplay

<p>Good old games have some <a href="http://af.gog.com/en/news/save_50_on_all_interplay_destinations_with_gog_coms_summer/?as=1649904300" target="_blank">summer staycation action</a> going on currently, 50% off on all Interplay titles in their catalogue.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>&lsquo;Staycations&rsquo; are all the rage as the economy continues slowly staggering back towards recovery. But even if you're not looking to save cash on your summer vacation, there are still reasons why you should keep indoors, on your PC, and enjoy some classics. Vacations can be expensive (and dangerous!) so why put yourself through all the hassle when you can have a similar experience for much less with GOG.com?</p>
</blockquote>
<p>I'm pretty sure the Codex gets like 5 cent for every game sold thru <a href="http://af.gog.com/en/promo/interplay/?as=1649904300" target="_blank">this link</a>, so if you guys would be so nice to click <a href="http://af.gog.com/en/promo/interplay/?as=1649904300" target="_blank">this link</a> and buy, say, 1 million games I'm certain Taluntain will finally be able to afford the yacht he's always wished for.</p>

Last edited by a moderator:

Roderick

Savant
why isn't Planescape Torment 50% cheaper? it's still at 9.99 i see

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Roderick said:

It's so cute when the newfags have no concept of Publisher and Developer.

:pinchesyourcheeks:

Excidium said:
I'd sooner burn my money than give it to interplay.
This. The sooner Interplay crashes and burns, the better. And of course, remember that when you buy interplay games off GoG you give money to this man:

240px-Herve_Caen.jpg

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Jaesun said:
Roderick said:

Except that, y'know, Planescape: Torment was published by Interplay.

To actually answer the question: Interplay gave up the right to their AD&D titles to Atari to settle outstanding debts, years ago.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Brother None said:
Jaesun said:
Roderick said:

Except that, y'know, Planescape: Torment was published by Interplay.

To actually answer the question: Interplay gave up the right to their AD&D titles to Atari to settle outstanding debts, years ago.

GOG's version of PS:T, the Publisher is Atari.

And yes I know it was published by Interplay when it first came out.

Brother None said:
Interplay gave up the right to their AD&D titles to Atari to settle outstanding debts, years ago.

That was the deal that only allowed them to make more Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance only games right?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Jaesun said:
That was the deal that only allowed them to make more Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance only games right?

Just Dark Alliance. Without Baldur's Gate or any relation to any AD&D property.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Brother None said:
Jaesun said:

Just Dark Alliance. Without Baldur's Gate or any relation to any AD&D property.

r00fles. Good job there Hervé.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
`"It's so cute when the newfags have no concept of Publisher and Developer.

:pinchesyourcheeks:"

Interplay was both publisher and developer of PST b/c BIS wasn't a company. It wa sjust a division of Interplay.

It's not the same kind of relation of say BIO and LA for KOTOR or Obsidian and Atari for NWN2.

BIS was 100% part of Interplay. It was just the RPG division, and had no real seperation.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Excidium said:

Could someone just make some recommendations for the games on this list?. Don't really give a fuck why I should hate Interplay.

i.e.: "Conquest of the New Wold" looks pretty interesting.... thoughts? Also, "Die by the Sword" - I vaguely remember trying this once, but my memory's a bit foggy.... Then there's those Fallout games, I seem to recall something about those too... has anyone heard of them?.... are they any good?? Are they related to and/or as good Fallout 3???

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Anyhooo I'm sort of disappointed in this promo by GoG although that isn't a surprise because most of their promos are lame. Instead of having a two week sale on a lot of titles I guess they're putting a new publisher up every two weeks over the entire summer. Bleh.

AlaCarcuss said:
Excidium said:

Could someone just make some recommendations for the games on this list?. Don't really give a fuck why I should hate Interplay.

i.e.: "Conquest of the New Wold" looks pretty interesting.... thoughts? Also, "Die by the Sword" - I vaguely remember trying this once, but my memory's a bit foggy.... Then there's those Fallout games, I seem to recall something about those too... has anyone heard of them?.... are they any good?? Are they related to and/or as good Fallout 3???

M.A.X. is a decent strategy game. Kind of like a RTS but actually interesting. Also you can play it turn-based. AI was pretty good too iirc. Been a long long time since I played it tho but I had fun back then. I read MAX2 turned out shit and never played that one myself.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Metro said:
their promos are lame

they are hyping the act of adding more older games to their catalogue for people to buy, even if all they induce is an extra smidgen of excitement in their customers it's more than there would normally be

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Seven-headed Gentleman said:
AlaCarcuss said:
Excidium said:

M.A.X. is a decent strategy game. Kind of like a RTS but actually interesting. Also you can play it turn-based. AI was pretty good too iirc. Been a long long time since I played it tho but I had fun back then. I read MAX2 turned out shit and never played that one myself.

Thank you. Yes, if I recall correctly even skyway had a bit of a boner for M.A.X. Added it to my cart along with the first 2 I mentioned above. Checked up on those Fallout games - general consensus seems to be they are shit, so skipping those.... :smug:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Bought Lionheart. Will LP. Early 2012.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom