Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence August Update

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower Studios; Vault Dweller

<p>The monthly <a href="http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,2195.0.html" target="_blank">development update</a> on The Age of Decadence arrived. They have screenshots of the new GUI and info about the revised crafting system.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Also, we took this opportunity to improve a few things regarding the crafting system. Here is how it works: You start by selecting a schematic from the list, once selected a partially transparent preview of the item shows in the slot with its base stats underneath. Next you select the material you want to forge the item with. The material types which don't have enough ingots will be faded and unable to be selected. Then, once you select a material, the preview will be updated and the stats adjusted to the type of metal you chose. Next you can select up to two techniques. One is unlocked at the start, the ability to add a second one comes at crafting level 50. To select them, click on the slots, and a list with all the known techniques that can be applied and their effect appears. The effect is dependent on your crafting skill, of course. When everything is final you click on the forge button to craft your weapon or armor. At this point the weapon/armor becomes fully opaque. So when you are finished you then manually drag the weapon/armor into your inventory (or it gets added automatically when you exit the screen). The forge button also doubles as the melt button when an item is placed in the slot. The forge button will display "melt" which you can then melt an item and receive its base material.<br /><br />So, the system is very similar to what we had, with the only difference that the number of techniques that can applied to the items is limited. Also, you can't "upgrade" a weapon/armor. What you can do is melt it, and forge a new one with the techniques you want. Now, you may notice that we mention "schematics". Basically, they are the schematics of the different base items we have, that allow you to create a particular item. You can buy them at a shop, but don't get added to your inventory list (to avoid clutter). You buy them, and you get the "knowledge" of it, getting added to a schematics tab in the journal screen. The same goes for the techniques, they don't get added to your inventory but instead you gain knowledge of them.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>They also have an <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/IronTowerStudio" target="_blank">official youtube channel</a> now.</p>

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After reading this info I would like to ask if is it...

is it...

is it...

...Thursday yet?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That GUI looks fuckin' awesome. Seriously. For so long, we have been fed with shitty console GUIs, and now we will get a good GUI designed for the PC. :bounce:

When will you release the game VD? I hope tomorrow.

Regdar

Arcane
How am I supposed to navigate those complicated menus with a gamepad?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Regdar said:
How am I supposed to navigate those complicated menus with a gamepad?

Who cares? ReLLY, DUDE there are awesome games to be released soon, like skyrim, don't give a crap about this turd.

Coyote

Arcane
newcharacterw.jpg

I'm pretty sure I saw a screenshot just like this with a different GUI a few years ago, but still... *fapfapfap*

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Btw. Body Count should have a button so it would show the number of kills in a bigger window. Doing 10 000 kills will fuck the font.

What? Isn't that why we play RPGs? To kill, maim, murder, slaughter, havoc?

Micmu

Magister
Davaris said:
J_C said:
That GUI looks fuckin' awesome.
Looks like something a AAA company would produce.
Zillion times better than current AAA. "AAA" companies nowadays make TV on-screen menus with no artsy touch, just neon text.

Also, I like the Prestige rep. stat.:obviously:

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
AoD Not Coming Out Update

edit : godfuck, new UI? Wtf? How many goddamn uis did they make

yeah i need a new ui, this one is shit, roofle

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Those are just... mockups..?

Well, add another 8 months to the developing cycle for implementing the gui...

How many copies would this need to sell to cover all these years the development takes...?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
GarfunkeL said:
When is Thursday?
It was yesterday. Was the game released? I don't remember.

The look of the GUI is great, but AoD having a lot of stats, skills, traits is even more awesome. Major :incline:

It would be funny, that when the game is released, every major magazine would hail it as the best cRPG in the last few years. So Bioware and Bethesda could go and cry in the corner.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
J_C said:
It would be funny, that when the game is released, every major magazine would hail it as the best cRPG in the last few years. So Bioware and Bethesda could go and cry in the corner.
I'd be shocked if that happened, if they give it any attention at all I expect a bunch of complaints about how unforgiving and not-fun it is and how they can't make an awesome master-of-all-trades character who can succeed at nearly-everything like you can in a ton of other RPGs (Fallout included). Add to that complaints about the graphics, lack of voice acting, lack of companions, too much text, not enough awesome loot, blaming all their combat troubles on the RNG and so on.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Serious_Business said:
AoD Not Coming Out Update

edit : godfuck, new UI? Wtf? How many goddamn uis did they make

yeah i need a new ui, this one is shit, roofle
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/in ... l#msg68414

asper said:
Those are just... mockups..?
Mockups in a sense that the new interface isn't connected yet.

How many copies would this need to sell to cover all these years the development takes...?
Who cares? Our primary concern is quality not whether or not we'd make enough money.

J_C said:
Yes, I'm sure they will be very impressed when AoD sells 3,000 copies. If anything it will reinforce their belief that they are on the right track.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Vault Dweller said:
Who cares? Our primary concern is quality not whether or not we'd make enough money.
I care man, wanna ensure a sequel! :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom