Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Restricted Area meets GameSpy

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Restricted Area

<A href="http://www.restricted-area.net/">Restricted Area</A> gets some special <A href="http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/restricted-area/586215p1.html">previewing</a> by one of the chimps at <A href="Http://www.gamespy.com">GameSpy</a>. The first thing you'll probably notice is the subtitle for the piece, which is <i>Meet the love child of Fallout and Diablo!</i> It gets even better when the category for the game is <i>Persistent Online Action RPG</i>, and the previewer feels the need to point out that the game is 2D rather than 3D. There even more fun had at the end where you see:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>We're looking forward to the final build of this game, which is due for release the first quarter of 2005. If you like the idea of a Diablo-style action-oriented RPGs with a Fallout-type setting, keep an eye out for our review of Restricted Area.</blockquote>
<br>
<b>Carla Harker</b> of <a href="http://www.gamespy.com">GameSpy</a>, one of the reasons people don't take women gamers seriously.
<br>

asa

Novice
Saint_Proverbius said:
<b>Carla Harker</b> of GameSpy, one of the reasons people don't take women gamers seriously.

Or women authors for that matter. Which is why they often disguise their identity (e.g., James Tiptree, Jr.).

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Anne Rice claims to be a vampire. You'd think a little exposure to the darque community would allow her to resist from making such silly claims. Neil Gaiman certainly doesn't exhibit that kind of silliness, and his Sandman comics are possibly the most famous 'gothic'-esque comics there are in existence.

Fez

Erudite
Haha, I didn't realise that Anne Rice was such a nutjob!

Gamespy seem to really work hard to maintain a reputation for being crap. I still remember all that fuss over DAC because of them and their moronic staff. The only thing slightly worse is the gamespy forums.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Fez said:
Haha, I didn't realise that Anne Rice was such a nutjob!

Gamespy seem to really work hard to maintain a reputation for being crap. I still remember all that fuss over DAC because of them and their moronic staff. The only thing slightly worse is the gamespy forums.
Yeah, the RPG forums are basically mass bioware love orgies.

Ellester

Liturgist
Anne Rice was good for three books, after that she’s been shit. And please take the vibrator away from your crotch when you write, damn she is perverted.

Too bad as I liked her first three books.

Fez

Erudite
Sure, if you like androgynous young boys seducing men.

Visbhume

Prophet
asa said:
Or women authors for that matter. Which is why they often disguise their identity (e.g., James Tiptree, Jr.).

I like the work of Alice Sheldon a lot ! She was a really fascinating character herself. It's sad that she had to end like that.

quiz: What other prominent sci-fi author also worked for the CIA ?

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Visbhume said:
Actually, I was thinking of Cordwainer Smith

Ah, I have several of his books: Planet Buyer, Nostrilia, The Underpeople, The Instrumentality of Mankind, Rediscovery of Man and a couple of others (I think some of the contents ovelap a bit)

Never new he was a "collaborator".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom