Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Obsidian going down to South Park

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; South Park: The Stick of Truth

<p><a href="http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/12/01/cover-reveal-south-park.aspx" target="_blank">MCA, you need to lay off the cough syrup, all right, seriously. I'm worried about you man. </a></p>
<blockquote>Thanks to a collaboration with THQ and Obsidian, Parker and Stone are writing the script, performing the dialogue, and overseeing the development of <strong>South Park: The Game</strong>. Unlike the cash-in Acclaim titles from over a decade ago, this ambitious project is a full-scale RPG for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC. As the new kid in South Park, it'll be up to you to make friends and defend the town from a wide range of threats. Be sure to check out our January issue for all the details, as well as an interview with Parker and Stone themselves.</blockquote>
<p><br /><em>Pointed out by Turisas & Multi-headed Cow</em>  <span class="name"> <br /></span></p>
<p> </p>

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
:what:
This is Obsidian's secret project?
MCA and Tim Cain are co-writing an RPG with Parker and Stone?

:retarded:

MapMan

Arcane
7x9bD.gif

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There was a trailer where they showed a little gameplay. Reminded me of castle crashers or whatever that game was called.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
So can anyone explain to me why is the news generating so much butthurt? They aren't making Eragon RPG, or did I miss something?

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Mrowak said:
So can anyone explain to me why is the news generating so much butthurt? They aren't making Eragon RPG, or did I miss something?

Its something completly unexpected. And people hate unexpected.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Just when you thought they couldn't get any more absurd, Absurdian does it again!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Mrowak said:
I don't think anybody is butthurt, we're just having fun. I mean everyone knows Obsidian is the cheap whore of the RPG industry, but nobody imagined they would get this low.

South Park RPG, r00fles!

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Mrowak said:
people aren't butthurt about it AFAIK, though the avellites aren't hyped for it for some reason

Radisshu

Prophet
This is so fucking hilarious, and I'm actually really excited now. lol

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I like South Park this much!

I think I'll pass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom