Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community At long last, we're finally back

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Well, it seems everything went all right and we've finally been able to bring the front-page back online. If you'd like to read more about the sordid story behind our month and a half offline recently, follow the link at the bottom.

In other news, gallery images will be brought online shortly. The actual gallery itself will take some time. We are enabling file uploads for patrons though, so that you can upload images directly into your posts (which should make updating LP's a breeze). For the time being, that will replace most of the functionality of our gallery.

Our spiffy new Tag feature is also still under-development. Expect that to come online over the coming months. Content Search and News Archives are also still on the to-do list. And then there's TCancer... which I still have to write a bunch of converters for and solve a rather major technical issue before I can bring that back.

Until then, enjoy your New iCodex 2.0 and feel free to complain about missing features / make new feature requests. Hopefully it doesn't over-load the server...

Read the full article: At long last, we're finally back

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I approve of this development. The 35 minutes I had to spend in Watchwitz was worth it. Now it's time for me to find a flaw in the new Codex to bitch about.

Edit: Maybe it's just me, but the red text on the blue background seems unattractive and hard to read. Surely the RPGCodex Troll icon alone sets these posts apart from the current white text ones enough that you could make the red text white as well, and only idiots wouldn't be able to see the difference.

XenomorphII

Prophet
The troll doesn't roll anymore. So...bitch, bitch, bitch, and piss and moan.

It looks good, though as Lund said not sure about that text color.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Pretty cool. Still looking forward to accessing the content, though.

Oh, and the display order of the last two items in the left hand feed is still borked, though it look like they're fixed now in the main display.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Still looking forward to accessing the content, though.
Erm.. You can?

Oh, and the display order of the last two items in the left hand feed is still borked, though it look like they're fixed now in the main display.
Look closely. That's a feature.

Edit: Maybe it's just me, but the red text on the blue background seems unattractive and hard to read. Surely the RPGCodex Troll icon alone sets these posts apart from the current white text ones enough that you could make the red text white as well, and only idiots wouldn't be able to see the difference.
Yeah, still undecided about the colour myself.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Still looking forward to accessing the content, though.
Erm.. You can?

Yeah, you're right, I'm just whining about http://www.rpgcodex.net/listgames.php and the search function. I'm whining at having to use Google and divination to access old reviews I haven't already read.

Look closely. That's a feature.

Next Gen, I'm sure.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
DarkUnderlord

About the gallery - will we be able to upload multiple images in one go? That actually would come in handy in LPs, when not everyone would be willing to upload 100 images one by one.

laclongquan

Arcane
What's New is superior to Front Page's box of new threads. It contains many more data , like whether that's a page I posted in, or who just made the newest post, eliminate the threads we just read, and lead directly to where we havent read it yet.

On the other hand, the sheer convenience of that box in front page will trump all that useful features. Still and all, I think we can just read both pages at once.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
About the gallery - will we be able to upload multiple images in one go? That actually would come in handy in LPs, when not everyone would be willing to upload 100 images one by one.
That's the idea, though you'll find the in-built file attachment system in XenForo already allows that and is much better than anything I'll ever build.

Morkar Left

Great! :love:(I have even read your complete write-up - slow day on office...)

It's unbelievable how useful the frontpage is by separating rpg-related topics from GD.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Congrats Codex for being offically back in action, and a special thanks for DU for all his efforts. :thumbsup: We all truly love you and appreciate what you do for this site man :love:

Fens

Ford of the Llies
finally MCA can find us again...

that conversion write-up was an interesting read... could post that in the playground

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
So far no major changes server-wise but we'll see in a few days when everyone gets wind of the front page being back in action.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom