Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dongs and Mass Effect 3

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 3

People always complained about BioWare fake choices, lack of genuine choices etc. Kotaku found out how BioWare improves on this and adds more choice to Mass Effect 3.

"We got feedback from players that they wanted more choice," Ray Muzyka co-founder of Mass Effect studio BioWare told me during a recent interview. "We respond to that feedback and try to make our games better based on what our players are asking for."
Here we have games whose god-like designers are actually implementing, at a more fundamental level, the ability for a gay identity to even exist in their world. And they're saying, finally, yes it can. Political statement?

"We're neutral," Muzya says. " It's the player's choice. It's a role-playing game."

"Yeah," Zeschuck followed, "It's a choice based on preferences."

What would Jesus say? Think of it.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
"Dr. Zeschuk: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Anal."

Mind you, I don't see a problem with homosexuality in games, or even a player-involved gay romance.

The problem is that BioWare is throwing them in as shallow fanservice so that they can get sucked off by sites like Kotaku who praise them to high HEAVAN for having the temerity to add homosexual fap fuel in conjunction with heterosexual fap fuel.

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned

Mind you, I don't see a problem with homosexuality in games, or even a player-involved gay romance.

The problem is that BioWare is throwing them in as shallow fanservice so that they can get sucked off by sites like Kotaku who praise them to high HEAVAN for having the temerity to add homosexual fap fuel in conjunction with heterosexual fap fuel.

And to think we all just wanted to save Earth from the reapers, no strings attached. Tsk. :(

Kz3r0

Arcane
They just thrown in lesbian sex as nerd fapping material, but in this day and age such thing would earn you a lot of flak in the mainstream so they have gone all the gay way pretending to be progressive and mature, they just get caught in their own joke.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I want Bioware to make a Sacred Band of Thebes RPG.

Don't you soil good old warrior faggotry with Biofaggotry.

Just imagine, you're Captain Shephardos, and you must pick one young warrior (pick from 6) to bond with for life while battling through political intrigue and machinations of the Greek States against the inscrutable Macedonians, whose threat have been dismissed by the Athenian Council. It's practically tailor-made for Bioware.

:love:

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
I want Bioware to make a Sacred Band of Thebes RPG.

Don't you soil good old warrior faggotry with Biofaggotry.

Just imagine, you're Captain Shephardos, and you must pick one young warrior (pick from 6) to bond with for life while battling through political intrigue and machinations of the Greek States against the inscrutable Macedonians, whose threat have been dismissed by the Athenian Council. It's practically tailor-made for Bioware.

:love:

And spartans would be the once mighty, proud warrior race which now suffers from demographic problems. Greece's own krogans. right?

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

Funny thing is this isn't the first Bioware game where your main character can be gay.Jade Empire is as far as I can remember their first game where you can fuck a man(can't remember that faggot's name).

racofer

Thread Incliner
Skyrim allows same sex marriage and I don't recall Bethesda or "pruffesinual jurnasluts" making a fuss about that.

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
That's because they got so big sales they don't need to bring attention in a shameful way. What's the poitn of associating the company with fags, when your last game almost outsold COD and MW?

curry

Arcane
That's because they got so big sales they don't need to bring attention in a shameful way. What's the poitn of associating the company with fags, when your last game almost outsold COD and MW?

Yeah, Bethesda didn't overemphasize the gay option, because they didn't have to. I think it's the right way to do it - people can't accuse them of being anti-gay but can't really say they are trying to shove it down people's throats either.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Apparently they fucked up even the dating sim part of the game, you know, one of the main selling points and apparently a big deal for them, not to mention it's a simple thing... Who would've thought?

Apparently they fucked up even the dating sim part of the game, you know, one of the main selling points and apparently a big deal for them, not to mention it's a simple thing... Who would've thought?

It fucks up if you romance anyone other than the ME1 love interests, right? Let's hope it actually can top this fuck up. :smug:

http://lparchive.org/Mega-Man-Battle-Network-4-6/Update 02/

This thing is the Free Space battle board. If you link up to Red Sun version, you not only get access to the version-exclusive Navi scenarios in the tournaments, you get access to a special tournament composed of every version-exclusive Navi from the other game. They behave as a mix between their own AIs as well as having access to some of the other player's chips, and their HP is determined by the other player's. Beating the tournament will grant you a 'secret chip' based on the final Navi fought in the tournament, and these chips aren't required for 100% completion, but can be quite useful themselves.

emot-siren.gif
emot-siren.gif
emot-siren.gif
HOWEVER!
emot-siren.gif
emot-siren.gif
emot-siren.gif

Linking the games before you fight all 6 version-specific Navis in your game will break the game entirely. It fucks up the game's pre-scripted order for matching you up with the game's version-specific Navis, and will cause the game to not only crash, but to become a useless piece of plastic. A friend of mine did this before the 1st Tournament in the game (so about where this LP is right now), and once the game crashed, he couldn't load the game at all. It would freeze at the title screen, so not even starting a new game would fix the problem.

That's right. One of the game's selling points is SO broken that it renders the game unplayable permanently. Not even Metroixer's Let's Break Pokemon Blue had any glitches achievable without Gamesharking that would do that.

>ending cutscene
>Tali removes mask
>game crashes
>amount of forum posts in allcaps causes Great Internet Crash of 2012

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom