Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Announced

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: 1C Company; Space Rangers 2: Dominators; Space Rangers 2: Reboot; Space Rangers HD: A War Apart

Those of you who enjoyed the previous Space Rangers games (personally I haven't played them but heard good things about them) now have a semi-new SR title to look forward to, Space Rangers HD: A War Apart, which is supposed to remaster and tie together Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators and Space Rangers 2: Reboot, as well as add new sidequests, spaceship upgrades, goals, promotions, text quests, planetary battles, and other stuff.

MOSCOW, Russia — April 18, 2012 — Leading Eastern and Central European publisher, 1C Company, is proud to announce the development of Space Rangers HD: A War Apart. The legendary series returns, in full HD glory, and with new material offering a pirate’s point of view with new storyline. This new title remasters the universe of Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators and Space Rangers 2: Reboot and allows players to revisit those games or take part in a thrilling new story.

Space Rangers HD: A War Apart takes place in 3300AD. Our galaxy is invaded by the Dominators, combat robots that come under the influence of an alien technology. The player finds themselves in a living, breathing world where they can engage multiple activities: fight in space and hyperspace, buy and sell goods, accomplish government missions, liberate planets from the Dominators in 3D RTS battles and complete text adventures leading to unique plot twists and rewards. The game ending is not set and players may find a victory of either side at the end. Everything depends on the actions taken in this developing world where anybody can live the life of a pirate as well as that of a hero.

Space Rangers HD: A War Apart features a dynamic game world where the balance of power between the Dominators and the Coalition can shift at any minute and can be tipped to either side by player actions. A wise criminal will wait before plundering the Coalition if it is losing the war. Additionally, the game has been updated including new upgrades for spaceships, new planetary battles, text quests and hyperspace engagements available to pirates and law abiding rangers. This enhanced edition brings full widescreen support up to 1920x1200 complete with updated graphics and interface. Subtle improvements like the ability to play hyperspace battles outside of the story mode help to provide the unique experience for which Space Rangers was revered.​

There is even an official website that you might want to visit, but no official release date yet. I believe I'll finally give the series a try with this; it sounds pretty good.

tiagocc0

Arcane
I really liked Space Ranger 2, it blew my mind! But I was unable to become profitable or strong in the game.
It became very frustrating after a while because the game difficulty increases overtime and it was increasing at a faster pace than I could follow. Maybe I'm just dumb.

Doma

Augur
SR2 was a fantastic game. Only thing I did not like was the terrible RTS missions.
I finished the game with doing just 2 if I remember correctly. so np.

Will get this for sure! Probably be the 3rd time I'm paying for SR2

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I love SR2 and reboot. Played and finished it several times. The RTS missions can be frustrating, but they're hands down the best source of mission based income. :salute:

Will probably be buying SRHD at some point, though not immediately. Have too many things taking up my time as it is, 'tween family and the Playground. :M

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Any news on an updated translation? Read as: one that isn't complete and utter shit?

pipka

Savant
Weren't the devs making/milking multiplayer games full-time?
The "HD" after the title makes me think of an iPad...

tiagocc0

Arcane
Weren't the devs making/milking multiplayer games full-time?
The "HD" after the title makes me think of an iPad...

On their site (On "Game" then "Interesting features"):
Major technical overhaul. Display resolutions up to 1920×1200, multi-core processors, Windows® 7, and anti-aliasing in 3D planetary battles are now fully supported.

:kfc:

Micmu

Magister
...this new title remasters...
Oh gee, another one joins "High Definition"/"Remaster" bullshit madness.
Improved shitty RTS module? The only module I couldn't care less. More other stuff is nice, but...
Personally, I'd rather see an enirely new SR 3 made by the same developers as they did SR 2.
Even though SR2 is one of my best games ever, I'm being very sceptical about this one.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
It's one of those games that never gets uninstalled and demands a playthrough every x weeks. Glad to see new stuff coming out for it.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm all for new text quests and higher resolutions, but damn this is the third time they milk the same fucking game without any fundamental changes. And unlike certain poles they don't make their patches free. Fuck them. I already bought Rise of the Dominators twice. I'll just pirate it and and call it a day when it comes out.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
It seems that a fan-made patch for high resolutions and a patch to improve the translation already exists :

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2394308
http://steamcommunity.com/app/46330/discussions/0/864951657975686501/?l=greek

http://starmind.3dn.ru/screenshots/Shot001.jpg

What a filthy cash-grab.

:rpgcodex:

EDIT: BTW the fan-made resolution patch seems to be for any resolution (the above pic is 2.048px × 1.536px) while the Space rangers HD is going to be only up to 1920x1200 :lol:.
That may be true, but the HD version is supposed to introduce new content too.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Last time they introduced new content they totally imbalanced the game. Great idea to have new powerfull equipment in the game when the AI won't use it, guys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom