Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dishonored Gameplay Trailer Released

Stinger

Arcane
Wait Dishonored was an RPG? And I don't mean that insultingly, I just genuinely thought it was a stealth game with multiple approaches.

This actually looks pretty good. I think I will be getting this at launch, RPG or not.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
This is.. actually pretty cool. :eek:

I generally loathe FPS gameplay, but this might be one title I want to buy when it comes out..

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
I think there is a special 'bethesda touch' in this game.

L9TAE.png

TAuqJ.png

Also the music is fitting 'herp de derp derp derp derp herp de derp deeeeeerp'

All the small hopes that i had for this to be decent are lost, looks like total shit.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks nice. Two remarks however: blood gushing out of necks looks awful and too much slow-mo. Will most likely buy this.

I liked the music in the trailer, seemed very fitting.

The hand in the screenshot Syril posted looks extremely propserous though. It might be intentional though.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Cishonoured

blood gushing out of necks looks awful and too much slow-mo.

I would assume the slow-mo is trailer-exclusive for cinematic engagement.

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
I'm almost sold just because of the setting and the trailer music. If the mission design is good and the gameplay doesn't suck, I will enjoy this game. Eagerly awaiting for more info.

waywardOne

Arcane
So, you kill a lot of things up close and personal. Now, wtf is it about?

Untermensch

Augur
Looks good, but not enough raw gameplay was shown, only a few snippets featuring some "cool" moves.

Still, will probably buy.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Setting looks nice but what exactly is the game supposed to be? The trailer gives the impression of a Dark Messiah style game.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Emphasis on bloody kills in the latter part of the trailer bores me. Otherwise I'm anxious like a child on the night before christmas for this one. I. Want. To. Believe.

Chateaubryan

Cipher
For now, I'm still completely under-hyped by this game. The level design (mostly plain rectangular rooms - or linear streets), the focus on slo-mo BLOODY MARY SHOWER kills, the Bioshock-esque powers, the slow walking speed (1:38, even if it is backwards) get me suspicious. If I saw correctly, there is even only one instance when the use of surroundings come into play in the trailer. Problem is, it's a rather blatant one where enemies seem to rush into stupidly.

Maybe all those are the result of DRAMATIC TRAILERZ, I will wait for the next gameplay vid.

I'll probably get lambasted for this, but I rate Bethesda the publisher a fair bit higher than Bethesda the developer. As a developer they haven't made a decent game since Morrowind, nor a great game since Daggerfall. As a publisher, they greenlit New Vegas and - more importantly - Call of Cthulu. CoC isn't exactly a masterpiece - in many ways it's a worse game than NV, but even at the time of release it was reasonably original (until the late-game degeneration into FPS), difficult (again, for the first 2/3 of the game), moody and, well, just something outside the usual major publisher box. It was an ambitious failure, and looked more like the result of people going 'let's make a great game', rather than people thinking 'here's a hook, let's see how much we can milk it'. Not necessarily a great basis for development, as eventually the lack of serious thought about the non-chase mechanics (and the sheer difficulty of maintaining the run-and-hide-and-omfg-did-I-remember-to-lock-the-door-fuck-they're-axing-through.. gameplay for more than the first couple of acts) eventually sank the game. But I can't help but think that most publishers would have forced them to make it a FPS from the start, and so I'll give Beth some kudos in that regard at least.

And, of course, their writing a clause into the contract for purchasing FO from Interplay that Interplay had to immediately pay all outstanding wages owed to its past employees.

That sort of thing makes me think that Bethesda are actually interested in making games that they like - it's just that they're either fucking incompetent or have very very different tastes to myself. Their treatment of other developers is actually pretty neat by publisher standards.

bonescraper

Anyway, why do we cover this? Looks good, but definitely not like an RPG.
Because Crooked Bee is hyped? :?

I'm totally unimpressed. Looks like a Bioshock clone with Bethesda's touch of derp.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom