Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review KotOR2 done up by nV News

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

There's a <A href="http://www.nvnews.net/articles/kotor2/">new review</a> of <A href="http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sithlords/">KotOR2</a> at <A href="http://www.nvnews.net">nV News</a>. It's pretty much a mixed bag, offering a bit of praise and niggles along with panty shots. Here's the standard clip:
<br>
<blockquotE>The party system works in much the same way as KOTOR 1. You potentially have a lot of people to choose from, but only 3 can be in your party outside of the ship. This is quite fun when you have characters you like. Sometimes, when your main character is off doing something else, you get stuck controlling one or more of the other characters. At times those characters might not be equipped with items you would choose, and this essentially makes the sequence not a whole lot of fun. Actually, I didn't like this feature any time it occurred (regardless of what characters were equipped with), although it did provide more plot information through cut scenes.</blockquote>
<br>
Yup, gotta say I hated this stuff as well. I really hated it when I sent all blaster guys versus Dark Jedi. Whoops!
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
I stopped playing KotOR 2 when I got to the mission on Dxun when I had to kill all the stupid animals in order to get the electorinics thingie. It sucked.

Kraszu

Prophet
No it didn't, the quest whosn't only about killing animals, you would cnow that if you would play.

btw:kotor2>>kotor

Baley

Liturgist
Yeah..but that still wasn't fun ...tho you get the parts easy if you explore...

And you weren't forced to do it(it was a subquest afterall :roll: )there are other ways to gain prestige..

And I agree it was better than K1 mainly due to the fact I find K1 boring :P

Baley

Liturgist
Naked_Lunch said:
The simple fact that there was a quest that stupid in there pissed me off enough to stop playing.

Bah..I finished it in a couple of minutes..the game has bigger problems than that...

Tho it does have some nice parts :wink:

Baley

Liturgist
Yes it does...
I found the story quite good...

Might not be the best game ever but it doesn't suck...

Shagnak

Shagadelic
I haven't played KOTOR2, and only about 20 minutes of KOTOR1. What I played felt very vanilla flavoured to me. I certainly was not hooked or intrigued.
Has anyone got any reasons why I should go back and have another go?

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Baley said:
No, K1 sucks...
More boring than NWN OC :P

I wouldn't go that far. If you like PC RPGs, and really want to play a PC RPG you haven't played yet, its a good pick. It is very munchkin friendly however, and basically dual weilding melee characters can sleep through the combat. Yeah, the character sheet is like a dumbed down NWN, combat is a better animated with direct henchman control NWN. The story does pick up after Pegasus, but its still pretty slow paced, and 80%, my estimate, of the game will be spent in combat or combat zones, with another 15% spent in dialogue. If you are a SW-phile, however, you may find the premise much more interesting than I did.

Baley

Liturgist
Um..there is no Pegasus in either K's. :P

And K1 does indeed suck...

..I hated the story,I hated the twist,I hated Carth...

And about K2...

At lest you can fight Handmaiden in your undies :lol:

And almost no Carth :)

Happy Days :wink:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I would comment on the actual games being disucssed; but keep up the good work you two. This is hilarious. :D

Baley

Liturgist
Bets Game EVAH....

SEX...lesbians..everything..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom