Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Fate love at GamersInfo

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fate

<A href="http://gamersinfo.net/">GamersInfo</a> has posted <a href="http://gamersinfo.net/index.php?art/id:533">a review</a> of <A href="http://www.playfate.com">Fate</a>. While I didn't see a score, and honestly didn't look too hard for one, the body of the review is pretty close to all positive. Since positive is rarely as funny, here's this from the thing:
<br>
<blockquote>Until now, no one has ever tried to bring chocolate and peanut butter together to create a "casual role-playing game". I honestly didn't think it could be done, at least not without sacrificing production quality, gameplay depth and entertainment value. Wild Tangent has just proven me wrong with their release of Fate, the first ever RPG designed for casual gamers.</blockquote>
<br>
What? Has this guy been in a coma the last few years?
<br>
<br>
Spotted at <A href="https://forum.wildtangent.com/viewforum.php?f=22">the Fate forum</a>.
<br>

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
No, the game is great. It's the comment I object to. Apparently this guy totally slept through Dungeon Siege, which is about as mundane as it gets. You can't get more "casual" than one that plays itself.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Review said:
Until now, no one has ever tried to bring chocolate and peanut butter together to create a "casual role-playing game".
They've definately tried bringing them both together in a sandwich though. While potentially tasty, the mix of tastes plus having it all stuck to the roof of your mouth and giving you that "I could really go for a glass of milk" feel is slightly off-putting.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
The big problem is most publishers think the addition of milk would likely confuse and scare away the casual gamers. You know, having to eat AND drink so close together is too much multitasking for the casual gamer, so milk is out of the question.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
DarkUnderlord:
I find a couple of fingers of whiskey will dislodge anything. I have a feeling that several other codexers feel that way (Deathboy, Mefi, perhaps even Obediah and Saran).
I have no idea if I am analogizing about gaming anymore. Sorry.

More drink pleeeeeeeze

halo112358

Novice
The fate reviewer is just begging for this. I suspect this is the game dungeon siege is based on..

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Shagnak said:
DarkUnderlord:
I find a couple of fingers of whiskey will dislodge anything. I have a feeling that several other codexers feel that way (Deathboy, Mefi, perhaps even Obediah and Saran).
I have no idea if I am analogizing about gaming anymore. Sorry.

More drink pleeeeeeeze

But then you have to have another shot of whisky to dislodge the first shot... and it goes on until the bottle is empty :cry:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom