Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview NWN2News talks NWN2 with Frank Kowalkowski

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Neverwinter Nights 2; Obsidian Entertainment

<b>Frank Kowalkowski</b>, lead programmer on Obsidian Entertainment's sequel to BioWare's paragon of mediocrity Neverwinter Nights, has done an <a href=http://www.nwn2news.net/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=58>interview</a> with <a href=http://www.nwn2news.net/>Neverwinter Nights 2 News</a>.<blockquote>[NWN2News]What was your first thoughts when you learned you would be working on NWN 2?
<br>
<br>
[Frank]I wasn’t sure what to think to be honest. I was happy Obsidian had a project for me to work my lead abilities. NWN2 is a sequel to a game I owned and enjoyed, so I wasn’t disappointed.</blockquote>He sounds awfully neutral about the whole thing. Obsidian's devs ought to take a few lessons from the BioWare doctors on hype.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</A>

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
LONG LIVE BIO & THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME! WOO HOO!

DemonKing

Arcane
Spazmo said:
He sounds awfully neutral about the whole thing. Obsidian's devs ought to take a few lessons from the BioWare doctors on hype.

Yeah - it's just not the same as:

"Our dedicated team on UBER SECRET CONSOLE PROJECT #2 has now adapted the FANTASTIC NEW UNREAL 3 TECH into our existing AWARD-WINNING BIOWARE ROLE-PLAYING SOLAREXCIPSEAUROAINFINITY ENGINE developed by our HARD-WORKING BIOTECH TEAM ALPHA. With over 248.657 MILLION MEMBERS!!!! in our BIOWARE COMMUNITY, we haven't forgotten the PC MARKET either. We'll be kicking out ENDLESS AWARD-WINNING CRPG-OF-THE-YEAR LEVEL QUALITY NWN MODS for years to come, and letting our PEEPS AT SUBSIDARY OBISIDAN ENTERTAINMENT churn out AWESOME SEQUELS to our MULTI-MILLION SELLING PC HITS utilising HEAVILY-MODIFIED VERSIONS OF OUR EXISITING SOLAREXCIPSEAUROAINFINITY ENGINE!"

Avin

Liturgist
dear mom, where are the crpgs these days?

fallout... fallout... fallout...

Sol Invictus

Erudite
NWN2 might be pretty good. There's nothing to indicate it won't be. After all, KOTOR2 was pretty good, except for Lucasarts killing the ending like that.

DemonKing

Arcane
Sol Invictus said:
NWN2 might be pretty good. There's nothing to indicate it won't be. After all, KOTOR2 was pretty good, except for Lucasarts killing the ending like that.

And the fact that one NPC had a zillion lines of dialog and all the others refused to talk to you after a short while, plus the combat was mind-numbingly easy as per the original.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
LA did not kill KOTOR2's ending. Obsidian did. Stop making exuses for the poor, little developer, Exitium.

NO MORE FREE RIDES!!!

Avin

Liturgist
kotor2 ws a good game. la kill it. that's the turth and the light. stop spreading lies in the codex volo :p

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Who said KOTOR2 was a bad game? I surely didn't. And, no, LA didn't kill it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"KOTOR2 was pretty average."

So, moron, which is it? Is it 'a bad game' or is it 'pretty average'.

Don't be a fuckin' fence sitter, and pick.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I'm actually very much looking forward to Neverwinter Nights 2. I mean, it can't possibly be any worse than the first game, can it?

And I'd imagine Obsidian are careful not to step on any toes while they're so young and new in the business, so no speeches about "BioWare fucked up the first game, so we're here to pull it out" and the like.

Avin

Liturgist
the expectation of a good crpg is running so low that nwn2 is seen like a good thing...

i need a new ps:t or fallout, a game that shake things up a little bit. developers fled to the good graphics heaven and forget how wonderful was to discover a game such as these i mentioned.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Well, KotOR2 was leaps and bounds better than KotOR in terms of dialogue and story. KotOR's story wasn't too awful. Meanwhile, NWN's story was completely ass. I can't see Obsidian not making a huge, HUGE improvement over the original here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom