Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Circle of Eight TOEE Forum Issues

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Temple of Elemental Evil

Yeah, it's still not dead, and it won't be anytime soon, either. That said, the vibrant TOEE community is having a minor problem involving the VBulletin forum. I'll outline the issues here:
<br>
<blockquote>The VBulletin forum had to be shut down, and unfortunately due to the lack of any VBulletin3 -> PHPBB2 forum converter at the present, all of the old posts are lost until the PHPBB community manages to come up with a suitable convertor, or I manage to accumulate approximately $170.00 (correction: not 160, but 170, because paypal takes like 3-4%) in donations to buy us a permanently owned license of VBulletin3. I will use the license to restore the CO8 forum and implement some new forums dedicated to whatever else I, or the community finds to be of interest.
<br>
<br>
Donations for the forum can be sent to this <a href="https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=donations@sorcerers.net&item_name=Donations+for+CO8+Forum&no_shipping=1">paypal account handled by Sorcerers.net</a>.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Until then, we'll have to use this PHPBB. Please send me an email at exitium@rpgcodex.com if you have any requests for specific threads to be reposted. I've also implemented an attachment mod for PHPBB so you can reupload, or upload any files into the new forum.
<br>
<br>
If you want to discuss anything with me or want more immediate contact, as I rarely read my e-mails - please MSN me at rexdeus@msn.com or XFire my account "exitium"
<br>
<br>
Please create a new account on this PHPBB forum, and for users like Livonya, Morpheus (whom I've already contacted), Zhuge and others I'm no doubt forgetting, please contact me ASAP so I can give you administrative/moderator status so we can get this forum back up and running again. </blockquote>
<br>
Welp, that's it. The new forum's alive, and Morpheus is busily copy/pasting all of the more important/interesting/whatever forum threads that he can get in the meantime, so not all is lost.
<br>
<br>
Edit: You can visit the new forum <a href=http://www.co8.org/phpbb>here</a>.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
The forum might not be dead; but it might as well be. Might as well join Troika where it belongs - in the Shitty Dead Game Inc. graveyard.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Volourn, don't be an ass."

I'm just tryin' to fit in. Don't blame me for being a conformist.

Ausir

Arcane
Can't we just get someone knowledgable about MySQL to convert it? It can't be that hard...

Psilon

Erudite
Yeah, I'd think that dumping the tables into ASCII would provide perfect fodder for a Perl conversion script.

MarFish

Liturgist
I believe Circle of Eight is a witty reference to the number of people who haven't yet deleted this bugfest from their harddrives.

Fez

Erudite
Only a few more hours violating yourself on the webcam and you'll reach your target, Vicky!

SHAKE IT. :cool:

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Rex- how much more money do you need to get the forum back to where it was?

Volourn- please die already you fucking unfunny misearable cunt, I just know there is a good case of cancer out there with your name all over it.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Until Taluntain logs on, I don't know - but last he was online he told me it was at 135, so we need about 35.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Thanks to the help of many members of this vibrant community, and several RPG Codex members, we've managed to accumulate enough money to buy a VBulletin owned licence.

CO8 will resume shortly.

Any additional funds (e.g. beyond the initial 170) will be used to pay for future VBulletin upgrades (the upgrade licence has to be renewed yearly for a nominal fee).

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Volourn- please die already you fucking unfunny misearable cunt, I just know there is a good case of cancer out there with your name all over it."

Ahh.. Wishing someone dead over the internet simply ebcause they posted something you dislike. Hahah.

And, instead of being a wuss and trying to 'wish upon a star for me to die' why don't you at least have the ballz to accomplish the deed yourself.

Find me at 644 Lakeshore Dr Unit 36, North Bay, Ontario, Kanada and give it a shot.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
sweet work to raise the cash so quickly. I'd only just discovered the site was down :shock:

I like the Co8 group - I think we must all be old farts because we don't tend to go with stupid "come and beat me up :roofles:" trolling

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Someone's gonna take you up on that offer one day."

Yup. Eventually. Can't wait. Gotta die sometime.

"I like the Co8 group - I think we must all be old farts because we don't tend to go with stupid "come and beat me up :roofles:" trolling"

I don't hate C08. I'm just not dishing out money to someone else's site dedicated to a game that is dead. Hell, I won't even give money to the Codex and I actually post here.

By definition, btw, you are trolling.

kris

Arcane
Sol Invictus said:
Someone's gonna take you up on that offer one day.

well, it is probably the adress of his annoying neighboor. Now I am sure some will say that Volourn IS the annoying neighboor... hm.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
No, Kris, that is my address. Pay for a stamp and find out if you want.

tilting_msh

Formerly Judas
Patron
Codex 2012
It would be awesome if one of the internet hard-asses actually decided to show up at Volourn's door...and then got their ass kicked. R00fles! I wanna see Volourn beat up Rosh, the Supreme Emperor of the Internet Tough Guys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom