Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Sneak Peek of Grimrock's Dungeon Editor

catfood

AGAIN
Looks pretty much what I expected it to. Seems easy enough to use so far.

Now all we need to do is brace ourselves for endless DM and EOTB remakes.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I hope that the transcript was made by a computer, because otherwise they should probably stop drinking paint thinner.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
does it have wall placement on both sides of a wall, like frua did? am at work and can't really watch it...

Micmu

Magister
Good news. Now I want a 50-level dungeon...
Or maybe I'll make one. I hope it will be possible to add new textures and possibly creatures. I have big plans!

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Looks excellent. I'll definitely be making a dungeon or two myself.

Arpad

Educated
Looks fine. Seems there's a possibility to work with illusionary walls in the game at least from thje forum posts. Maybe I should make that dream dungeon out of CSB and Uukrul. Or hire Prosper to design creatures for Curse of Dragor fan mod.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
The possibilities are way too limited for it to be interesting. Jeff Vogel had a good post about this a few months ago.

Indeed. The game is too narrow in focus to benefit from modding. Instead of an editor they should work on cooperative play perhaps.

Fuck you.

Also, I do agree they should NOT release any editor, but should instead use it to make more quality DLC errr I mean expansion packs. I for one would like to see outdoor areas, more classes, more feats, more spells, and shit like that.

shihonage

DEVELOPER
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
The possibilities are way too limited for it to be interesting. Jeff Vogel had a good post about this a few months ago.

Indeed. The game is too narrow in focus to benefit from modding. Instead of an editor they should work on cooperative play perhaps.

Fuck you.

Also, I do agree they should NOT release any editor, but should instead use it to make more quality DLC errr I mean expansion packs. I for one would like to see outdoor areas, more classes, more feats, more spells, and shit like that.

So we agree then.

P.S. fuck you

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

I disagree. Even realtime grid based games of old were quite different from each other. I'm quite sure Almost Human could add a whole slew of tricks like outdoor environments, different rules or a turn-based combat system to the engine if they really wanted and that would expand their prospects even more.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
the only thing you'd need for outdoor levels with that kind of level structure is a new tileset (see lands of lore 1 for examples). according to the video they're already including three tilesets with the editor, so including a new one should at least be technically possible. just depends on how much work they're (or you're) willing to put in to make it.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
the only thing you'd need for outdoor levels with that kind of level structure is a new tileset (see lands of lore 1 for examples). according to the video they're already including three tilesets with the editor, so including a new one should at least be technically possible. just depends on how much work they're (or you're) willing to put in to make it.
Well, i don't think it will be quite as easy. What about the sky and lighting system? Not to mention the way LoL did it (trees painted as a wall texture) would look like ass in such a high resolution. At the very least each forest wall square would need to be a tree model or a stack of them.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Well, i don't think it will be quite as easy. What about the sky and lighting system? Not to mention the way LoL did it (trees painted as a wall texture) would look like ass in such a high resolution. At the very least each forest wall square would need to be a tree model or a stack of them.
which is where the bit "just depends on how much work they're (or you're) willing to put in to make it." comes into play, i guess...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom