Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News GameBanshee Dungeon Lords coverage now OFFISHUL

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Dungeon Lords

That's right, <A href="http://www.dreamcatcher.com">Dreamcatcher Interactive</a> and <A href="http://www.gamebanshee.com">GameBanshee</a> have teamed up to bring you official stuff for <A href="http://www.dungeonlords.com">Dungeon Lords</a>! OFFICIAL! There's <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/dungeonlords/walkthrough.php">the OFFICIAL walk through</a> of the game, the <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/dungeonlords/searchequipment.php">OFFICIAL searchable item database</a>, <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/dungeonlords/classes.php">the OFFICIAL classes list</a> info, and so on. I'm not sure if they've done the OFFICIAL review of the game yet, but I'm sure it'll be OFFICIALLY well written.
<br>
<br>
You just can't make this stuff up.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Tara</b>!
<br>

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Had a quick look at part of the walkthu. Campfires (and some indoor fireplaces) can be used to pass time at an accelerated rate; the funny thing is it appears that you can use it in the middle of combat:
Fortunately, there is a fireplace (f) within easy reach, and you can run over to it and rest every time you get overly damaged. You’ll heal, but none of the soldiers attacking you will.

Dumb.

merry andrew

Erudite
Fortunately, there is a fireplace (f) within easy reach, and you can run over to it and rest every time you get overly damaged. You’ll heal, but none of the soldiers attacking you will.

ooololalaodldlolllollerskatingroflmao

:lol:

LlamaGod

Cipher
Maybe afterwards they will lie and say 'well, we did 3, look at teh numbars!'

anyways, I cant believe people actually finished this game. I got to the end of the Sewers and just quit, retried the game as a different class and quit again.

And those classes suck nuts, the later tiers and stuff. The Rogue classes all are dumb (NINJA LORD LOLZ) and D.W. Bradley also has a 'women only classes' fetish along with his furry ones.

He probably watches Oxygen channel or something.

LlamaGod

Cipher
Fun stuff in that walkthrough

Demon Realm

A little known fact about demons: they have really good eyesight. Or at least they have better eyes than we do; we couldn’t see a thing in the Demon Realm, and so we couldn’t even attempt to make a map of it. This might change whenever the 1.3 patch comes out.

With Volgar dead, the relics will drop to the ground. You should pick them up and immediately wear the Ring of Protection, although really, if you have the gas mask, you could just put that on, defeat the demon, and never touch the relics. Yes, Shaduroth is that easy. Just whack on him for a while, smirk when he casts “locust swarm” and “choking gas,” and then kill him.

Another note: Although the ending message will claim that you can continue exploring with your character, you can’t, and what would be the point anyway?

To start the puzzle, put a shadow stone in the altar of shadows (#6). If you don’t have a shadow stone, you can get one at #3b. That will cause the grates to open. Then each time you step onto one of the grid squares, one of the Athena chessmen will take a step forward. If you make a bad move, then the grates will drop, and one of the chessmen will attack you. The chessman should drop a shadow stone when it dies, allowing you to play again.

Note: The chessmen are quick to kill, and they’re worth 11,550 experience each. So even if you figure out how the puzzle works, you might want to make a few mistakes to gain some easy experience.

Masterful design

LlamaGod

Cipher
hmm, I just noticed this..

To beat the last boss in Dungeon Lords, you have to equip the ring.

Spazmo

Erudite
LlamaGod said:
To beat the last boss in Dungeon Lords, you have to equip the ring.

That fucking prick D.W. Bradley is stealing my design ideas! Shit, I was pretty sure he was screwing me when my revolutionary idea for furry PCs showed up in his games, but this just confirms it! You watch, I bet his next game is about slashing hobos.

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
It is very entertaining when a bunch of idiots are snarling D.W.Bradley. He made some great games while you made some laughable comments in this "forum for morons".

Astromarine

Erudite
dude, it's gotten to the point when you're just tiring. Get some new schtick to entertain us.

Get this through your thick skull: Designers are human beings who fuck up as much as everyone else. If they're sane, they'll know they fucked up, and if they're decent human beings, they'll admit it. DW Bradley probably still thinks he's revolutionized the genre, if only us plebes would understand his genius. That makes him insane, as if his furry fetish didn't tell us already. His game is a pile of shit. Sure, it doesn't ACTUALLY leap from the computer and rape your sphincter, but sometimes I'd prefer it did. Maybe then at least the homosexual demographic would find a use for it. It's just horrible, horrible design. Fuck's sake, just LOOK at those design choices that people picked out from the OFFISHUL walkthrough. Looking at that, how the hell can you excuse him simply because he made some half-decent dungeon crawlers way back when? I sure as fuck don't forgive Warren Spector for Deus Ex 2 just because he produced Ultima 6, which shat all over every DW Bradley game in existence.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
theverybigslayer said:
It is very entertaining when a bunch of idiots are snarling D.W.Bradley. He made some great games....
Name one.

Wizardry 6&7 were shit dungeon crawlers then, they're EVEN more shittier dungeon crawlers now.

Wizard and Warriors was also a shitty dungeon crawler. Hmm, I'm noticing a pattern here.

Dungeon Lords - shit dungeon crawler. Oh, how very motherfucking suprising. :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom