Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Mirth truly open alpha

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Minions of Mirth

<b>Josh Ritter</b> has openned <A href="http://www.prairiegames.com/games.html">Minions of Mirth</a> to everyone registered on their <A href="http://www.prairiegames.com/phpbb2">forums</a>. You can even <a href="http://www.prairiegames.com/ordering.html">pre-order</a> the game now for <b>$25</b> as well. Oh, and there's some new screenshots in <A href="http://www.prairiegames.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=214">the thread</a> about the new alpha open status. Here's the features:
<br>
<ul><li>Windows and OSX support!
<br>
<li>Easy access, only a forum registration is necessary to get in on the fun! REGISTER
<br>
<li>Massively Single Player Gameplay(tm)!!!
<br>
<li>Cooperative and Player vs Player Multiplayer
<br>
<li>No monthly service fees for Multiplayer!
<br>
<li>Autopatcher delivers immediate content and feature upgrades!!!
<br>
<li>Host your own persistent worlds with your own original content!
<br>
<li>Immortal access to your own world where you can control time, weather, spawns, items, etc
<br>
<li>10 playable races with distinct look, feel, and SIZE!!! Huge Drakken and tiny little Halflings!!!
<br>
<li>Beautiful zones with huge playable area and vistas! Dark dungeons and sprawling wilderness!
<br>
<li>2 hours of original music!
<br>
<li>Masterfully animated 3d monster models with stunningly realistic textures
<br>
<li>Spine-chilling sound effects!
<br>
<li>Day/Night cycles with gameplay tied to time of day
<br>
<li>Immersive weather effects based on zone climate
<br>
<li>Multiclass your characters all the way to level 100 in up to 3 classes!
<br>
<li>Material based clothing system
<br>
<li>Over 50 3d weapon models
<br>
<li>100's of in game items with high resolution graphics and magical effects!
<br>
<li>Political Factions
<br>
<li>Quest Journal
<br>
<li>Online Help
<br>
<li>Vendors sell items and restock at regular intervals
<br>
<li>Trade items and currency with other players!
<br>
<li>3d Automap
<br>
<li>Versatile Spell System (invisibility, wind walking, Teleportation, Healing, Nukes, DoTs, etc)
<br>
<li>Summon pets, equip them, and order them to destroy your foes!
<br>
<li>Powerful Skills (Feign Death, Bloodletting, Rage, Volitation, Archery, Grevious Wound, Precise Shot, etc)
<br>
<li>Form your own party of up to 6 characters
<br>
<li>Form multiplayer alliances with up to 36 characters
<br>
<li>Add, remove, or even create new characters at Inns, without ever leaving the game!
<br>
<li>Powerful modding system including RPG Database (with live recompiles) and Realtime Zone Editing
<br>
<li>Advanced users can SSH into their world and edit the game while it's running from an interactive Python shell.
<br>
<li>Global, World, Zone, Area, Alliance, and Private chat channels
<br>
<li>Global Chat system is hooked up to IRC, so you can chat with people in and out of the game, even spanning worlds!</ul>
<br>
<b>Feign Death</b> sounds right up my alley.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Shagnak</b>!
<br>

Grantus

Novice
LlamaGod said:
what is this game, a single player MMO?

I've just looked around a bit and not gotten far into the game, but it's both single player and multi-player.

When you start the game, it asks you if you want to play a single player or multi-player game.

Theeris

Novice
Sirus said:
Is it any good?

Yes it is. I've been in the alpha for about a month now, and I have to say I am very impressed with Minions of Mirth. I've seen full retail games that are less polished then this, and its only in alpha. That game is coming along very nicely, patches are every couple of days, new stuff keeps getting added in.

Come join us in the alpha!

obediah

Erudite
anyone else have any feedback on it? I'm hoping to try it out in a week or so when I have time, but I expected to see more chatter about it as wanting as the release schedule has been lately.

JRitter

Novice
Hello!!!

This is Josh Ritter from Prairie Games.

I just wanted to drop a line to say the Open Alpha testing of MoM is going well and we are getting some valuable feedback on the game. I also wanted to share a link to a RPG title's most important feature:

It's PATCH LIST

We're really giving it our all with Minions of Mirth. I sincerely hope people enjoy and see the potential with the alpha version of the game!

Oh, and here's the "How to get the Alpha" thread.

Onward to beta!,
-Josh Ritter
Prairie Games

Fez

Erudite
Thanks for the update, the MoM is looking good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom