Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Czech RPG Inquisitor released on GOG

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Cinemax; Inquisitor

Czech text-heavy RPG Inquisitor has been released on GOG today, for the price of $14.99.

Overview:

Ultherst was once a peaceful, God-fearing land until the Three Scourges of God came to pass as foretold by Saint Ezekiel, one of the twelve followers of the First Prophet. First came the famine that devasted the populace. Next came the plague that added more unfortunate souls on Death’s abacus. Finally came the great rain of fire, and death fell down on sinner and innocent alike, blood flooding the streets in place of water. The people, in their desperation, turned away from the Holy Mother Church and delved deep into pagan decadence or succumbed to the temptation of the Devil. You have been charged with the office of Inquisitor. It is up to you to investigate crimes against the one true faith and root out heresy--using any and all means necessary.

Inquisitor is a unique blend of action-oriented combat with a deep and involving tale of betrayal, torture, madness, and infernal damnation. Put your wits to the test as you collect evidence against possible heretics and put them to trial once they have been charged. Use the might of the Inquisition to extract a confession from your subjects, but be warned, use your power wisely or you will face the consequences.​

The question is: is it worth spending $14.99 on? We still have our very own review in the works, so you might want to wait until we get it out. Or you can buy the game anyway if you're impatient like that. And whaddya know, perhaps you'd even like to support the Codex by buying it via the affiliated link provided above.

Last edited by a moderator:

Murk

Arcane
Definitely appreciate the asking price -- I think I'll be getting it as soon as I get paid.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It's intriguing so far, but the walking speed is too slow.
Exactly. I haven't played it much yet, but i immediately noticed how slow the exploration is compared to other similar games due to my character leisurely limping everywhere. I imagine it will feel better once you invest more points in Speed, but it feels fucking annoying right now. Oh how the czech have declined since the times of great Emil Zatopek.
By the way, is there a key to display stuff that's on the ground? Playing at higher resolutions feels too much like pixelhunting right now. Speaking of higher resolutions, i tried to play at 1080p and i ragequit after half an hour, because everything was so small. I set the resolution to 1280x720 and it's much better. Fallouts, Arcanum and Infinity Engine games have similar problems when using high resolution mods, and some people (myself included) feel, that 720p is the right resolution to go even on a 1080p screen (which hurts graphics quality a lot). I have a 27 inch monitor. I truly feel for unlucky bros who attempt to play this game on a 15 inch laptop, that has one of those silly new 1080p screens.
All in all the game actually seems interesting and art design (not the graphics) is fucking fantastic, but the usability issues really bring it down somewhat. I guess i can get used to these little quirks down the line though.

kentable

Scholar
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Alt to display loots.

It has its quirks. OMG, unintuitive UI. I destroyed my first magic scroll trying to read it. I wish they had labels on their map to make things easier to find again. Combat feels clunky as heck for a single player ARPG. It could use some tightening up in terms of animations. Playing through as the thief right now and it seems like extreme kiting has problems with hit detection. And 50 stack arrows that are 1gp each? Really? Anyone tried the other classes yet? Good for what it is?

flabbyjack

Arcane
It's intriguing so far, but the walking speed is too slow.
Oh how the czech have declined since the times of great Emil Zatopek.

Wow, look at his lame-ass grave. It is so... sparse. Unlike the dialogue in this Czech RPG,

Emil_Zatopek_Roznovs_Grave.jpg

Someone chiseled his name into a rock with a poorly engraved picture of a runner, but it's more like a chaulk outline having a seizure. At least someone bothered to chisel in the Olympic rings(Zatopke was a Czech long-distance runner and won at least 3 gold medals), so at least 1 person in the Czech Republic isn't a complete retard.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Wow, look at his lame-ass grave. It is so... sparse. Unlike the dialogue in this Czech RPG,

Emil_Zatopek_Roznovs_Grave.jpg

Someone chiseled his name into a rock with a poorly engraved picture of a runner, but it's more like a chaulk outline having a seizure. At least someone bothered to chisel in the Olympic rings(Zatopke was a Czech long-distance runner and won at least 3 gold medals), so at least 1 person in the Czech Republic isn't a complete retard.
looks silly, but that's what his running style looked like
RrezI.jpg

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looking forward to the Codex (and GameBanshee) review of this. Screenshots looks promising, though. :incline:

flabbyjack

Arcane
Finished Act 1, and so far I'm loving it. Combat can be annoying at best, frustrating at worst. Most people who rage at this game are doing so because of the final dungeon in Act 1, where you should start by loading your entire huge inventory with healing potions and you still probably won't reach the end in one go.

Dialogue options are amazing. As an inquisitor I arbitrarily married two people against their will. Hey buddy, you break her you buy her. Also definite C&C, like threatening people with torture to get your way.
:love:

kentable UI is fine, most UI issues would be prevented with a quick read of the manualgame companion document. There are tons more documents, such as an 'arms and armor' doc that provies the in-game descriptions of many items, a manual on the magic system, fanfic(?), and artwork.
inquisitor_RPG.jpg

Very BG

At some point in the game the UI gets a new graphical style(probably as part of the main story line?). It seems to have varied in the pre-released gameplay videos *raises an eyebrow*

FYI I'm playing a combat-speced paladin, and combat can still be ridiculously hard. As long as you have a large pool of HP, you can and WILL potion-chug your way through fights. Quest rewards and shop contents are randomized so RE-ROLL RE-ROLL RE-ROLL!

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
At some point in the game the UI gets a new graphical style(probably as part of the main story line?). It seems to have varied in the pre-released gameplay videos *raises an eyebrow*
The different classes have different UI themes. It's entirely aesthetic.

godsend1989

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin
This game makes you feel like Sherlock Holmes, so many stories and so many lies, it will twist your mind, nothing is what it seems.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
all this text makes me wish the game had resizable windows.
are there any big c&c differences between the three classes?

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
all this text makes me wish the game had resizable windows.
are there any big c&c differences between the three classes?

It doesn't seem so. Act 1 was fairly weak as far as C&C go. Act 2 on the other hands delivers some nice twists. I am not sure how "true" those C&C are, though - hard to judge in one playthrough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom