Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Carsten talks English Fall

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Carsten Strehse; Fall: Last Days of Gaia

In a <a href="http://www.silver-style.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5988">forum post</a> on the <A href="http://www.silver-style.com/">Silver Style forums</a>, <b>Carsten Strehse</b> has posted a little bit of info on getting <A href="http://www.the-fall.com/">The Fall</a> in to the hands of people who speak English:
<br>
<blockquote>OK, here is the status:
<br>
<br>
- Yes, TF will be released in US, UK, Australia and all other English speaking territories. The game will also reach most parts of Asia.
<br>
- Yes, we already have partners for those territories.
<br>
- Yes, the English version will differ from the German one regarding some features. It will be the latest version (an advancement of the Extended Version if you want so).
<br>
- Yes, the release will be nearly simultaniously in the English speaking territories.
<br>
- No, we don't now the exact date, because it isn't that easy to coordinate the release on different continents. We are not EA (mercifully).
<br>
- No, the English master isn't finished yet.
<br>
- What's the reason for the long waiting time? We simply want to release a perfect polished game, that's it.
<br>
<br>
One thing we really want to say: Thank you for your patience!</blockquote>
<br>
I've actually heard from a few people that the extended version isn't that bad. So, maybe there's a little hope that the English version will be enjoyable.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Killzig</b>!

Saran

Scholar
I havent really been following the latest developments with the fall, (I read a few bits and pieces over at NMA) but whats meant to be wrong with it?

simmschn

Educated
Patron
Actually The Fall is a good RPG and it's much better than any other RPG released in the recent months (The Bard's Tale, Dungeon Lords, ...). You will like it if you also enjoy adventure games, because it has a nice story line with many small puzzles. You will hate it, if you want nice combat, because the fights in TF are similar to those in Ultima VII.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Saran said:
I havent really been following the latest developments with the fall, (I read a few bits and pieces over at NMA) but whats meant to be wrong with it?
7+ patches since it was released. That's generally not a sign of quality.

Spazmo

Erudite
You have to give them credit for supporting the game. However, you don't have to give them credit for making nothing but shitty games before this and for their despicable paratism of Fallout.

Jinxed

Liturgist
The Fall is the most well known game these germans made. They have to support it as well as they can to leave a good impression. "hey, at least they supported the game and made patches.."

Surlent

Liturgist
It's good news English version is on its way. And 7 patches might tell the game has number of bugs, but it tells for sure they are giving support for it.

Saran

Scholar
simmschn said:
Actually The Fall is a good RPG and it's much better than any other RPG released in the recent months (The Bard's Tale, Dungeon Lords, ...). You will like it if you also enjoy adventure games, because it has a nice story line with many small puzzles. You will hate it, if you want nice combat, because the fights in TF are similar to those in Ultima VII.

I love adventure games so thats definetly a plus.

As for the combat, well, lets just say that theres a reason i tend to avoid the debates/flamefests about TB vs RT vs the weird KotOR system, because while i prefer TB i dont really have that big a problem with RT combat unless its fucked up, as long as the rest of the game is decent, im happy.

DarkUnderlord said:
Saran said:
7+ patches since it was released. That's generally not a sign of quality.

True, but it doesnt necessarily mean the game is shit, Troikas titles could have done with more patches, but apart from the bugs their games were fairly good. (At least Arcanum and most of V:TM Bloodlines was.)

Spazmo said:
You have to give them credit for supporting the game. However, you don't have to give them credit for making nothing but shitty games before this and for their despicable paratism of Fallout.

Maybe their previous games were shitty, but surely everyone deserves a second chance. :)

As for it being a fallout rip-off, well, i couldnt give a damn, I've just finished replaying FO and im about to start FO2 (Well, when the Radioactive pack arrives, my original copy is scratched to shit) and im kind of in a "PA mood", so if the storys decent it'll do the job.

Ill wait for the reviews i suppose.

(Do any of you lads own the game, or is that just based upon what you've heard?)

Spazmo

Erudite
Saran said:
Maybe their previous games were shitty, but surely everyone deserves a second chance. :)

Agreed. After the horror of Gorasul, they got a second chance, and they completely and utterly wasted it by making Soldiers of Anarchy, possibly the shittiest game I ever bought.

As for it being a fallout rip-off, well, i couldnt give a damn

I don't really mind Fallout ripoffs either. What I mind is when Carsten takes advantage of the cancellation of Van Buren and the closing of Black Isle to promote his own game.

Thorndyke

Novice
Saran said:
Maybe their previous games were shitty, but surely everyone deserves a second chance.
I try hard not to sound like an angry twelve year old too often, but Carsten is a constantly lying, disturbingly selfrighteous piece of shit, who deserves nothing but my utter disgust and a kick in the nuts.

The german Chuck Cuevas.

SpFiota

Novice
From what I've read the German version was almost entirely unplayable. Rather ironic that now they claim they're waiting until the game is polisehd to release it to the rest of the world.

I don't care if it's had solid support. I'm sick of picking up a game only to find out that I won't be able to play it until patches are released a month or so down the road. As if that weren't bad we can't even return games anymore. Never cared much for console games before, but you know what? Ninety percent of them work. These companies like Atari and Silverstyle are nothing but thieves pushing crappy alphas out the door and stealing our money. Screw them. I hope software pirates run those fucks to the ground.

the_dagon

Educated
my point

Hi all

french TF was also almost unplayable.
so many bugs.

but most of all, I found the game NOT enjoyable at all...
silly & dumb quests, often only one way to do things...

ie:

- I had to find a stick of wood... couldn't get one in a forest, couldn't get one on a broken wood fence...

- to get a coat, the only way was to kill the guy, but pickpoketing it was working (!).

- having to pass night EXACTLY on one point of the map to get a cutscene is annoying too...

bryce777

Erudite
Hmm.

Well, they have been supposedly patching it for what, 6 mos?

I find it heartening that they are using the euros to test their software...it is good to see someone get some use out of them.

As for ripping off fallout, I would be pleased as punch if all the gaming industry did was rip off fallout from here to eternity.

It does not sound like it'll be the best game of all time but I am hopeful it will be worth playing.

ExitiumFan

Educated
The Fall is more of an RPG than Vault Dweller's piece of overhyped garbage "Age of Decadence" will ever be. Ever wonder why it's called Age of Decadence? Because the RPG Codex is full of decadent individuals who are probably perverted homosexuals in real life.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
CleveFan said:
The Fall is more of an RPG than Vault Dweller's piece of overhyped garbage "Age of Decadence" will ever be. Ever wonder why it's called Age of Decadence? Because the RPG Codex is full of decadent individuals who are probably perverted homosexuals in real life.
SWEET! HE CALLED US HOMOS! WE'RE FINALLY LIBERATED FROM THE CLOSET. COME ON CLEVE FAN, LET US SEE THOSE BUNS!

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
CleveFan said:
You have a truly sick, perverted little mind.
Sick, perverted... maybe. But little? NEVER, my head is enormous. In fact, I used to get teased about the size of my head. So I'd whip out my cock and say "AT LEAST THEY MATCH!"

ExitiumFan

Educated
You are terribly unfunny. Has anyone ever told you that your terrible sense of humor matches your face?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom