Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Chaos Chronicles Interview @ Gamers.de

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Chaos Chronicles; Coreplay

There's an interview available at gamers.de with Coreplay about their upcoming turn-based cRPG Chaos Chronicles. The english translation starts at page 5.
Gamers.de: You mentioned that the travel will be in real time. But how about the movement in cities and settlements? Will there be bonds to the “Realms of Arkania”-games, similar to the world map?

Coreplay: The players will explore the world map and the dungeons in real time. If a battle encounter starts, the game will switch to turn based-mode. However, cities and settlements will use a different system, which we will reveal at a later date.

Gamers.de: Regarding the world map. I think that´s an important topic for CRPG gamers. On your blog you mentioned random battles on many occasions. But will we also see random events, like illness, broken shoes, mysterious strangers or UFOs?

Coreplay: The term random battles might be misleading; indeed the player’s goal is it to get rid of the monsters who invested the land. This happens on a regional level, i.e.it will be possible to gradually free a region by destroying goblin camps for example. As long as the territory isn’t safe, hostile patrols might still occur. There will be no real random events but many planed and orchestrated events from our authors.

Sounds great to me. I like that you can really affect the world by destroying a camp and clearing the area of monsters. And all of that in great dark fantasy world with awesome tactical combat and engine! Can't wait.

:takemymoney:

Lottie

Educated
Took me a while to find the fucking website!
TZcMs.jpg

kaizoku

Arcane
Currently, I'm finding this game more interesting than Wasteland 2, Eternity, or any other CRPG coming out.

Now isn't this ironic.

"oh noes, PE will only have traditional races.... bwuahhh"

"wow, CC will be a D&D classic with traditional races... fuck yeahhh"

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to this game, among with PE and AoD, it's on my #1 spot.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Currently, I'm finding this game more interesting than Wasteland 2, Eternity, or any other CRPG coming out.

Now isn't this ironic.

"oh noes, PE will only have traditional races.... bwuahhh"

"wow, CC will be a D&D classic with traditional races... fuck yeahhh"

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to this game, among with PE and AoD, it's on my #1 spot.

Sauce?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
kaizoku he's saying it's a mistake to treat this forum as a hivemind. Chances are, Refined_Gentleman hasn't complained at all about Eternity's traditional races, unless you link to a post of course.

kaizoku

Arcane
yeah, I was at fault with that comment. I wasn't referring to him, but to the "hivemind", which has you said Roguey, can be a mistake sometimes.
Sorry about that Refined_Gentleman.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Now isn't this ironic:

One person might have a different opinion than another.

Quite astonishing, actually...

I thought we killed the hivemind with fire. Has it been resurrected in the last two months while I wasn't reading?
(Seriously, the last time the codex came even close to a hivemind was when VD was still posting most of our news. Since then it has been constant bitching and war between differing opinions on nearly everything. And especially the point kaizoku raises has always been one of contention.)

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Wait what, they made Jagged Alliance: Back in Action? Didn't they talk shit about turn-based system?

NecrosD

Novice
Seriously this is slowly becoming my most anticipated game so far they're ticking all the boxes compared to some of the other projects announced can't wait for it so long as they stick to what they say they're doing

catfood

AGAIN
Seriously this is slowly becoming my most anticipated game so far they're ticking all the boxes compared to some of the other projects announced can't wait for it so long as they stick to what they say they're doing
True, but..

inb4 this turns out to be a techincal mess with constant ctd's, memory leaks, and a complete mess from a design stand point with shit encounter design consisting of nothing but trash mobs, and an interface that rivals that of NWN2 with an impossible camera and shitty UI. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom