Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Of Orcs and Men Released

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Cyanide; Of Orcs and Men

It looks like Cyanide's Of Orcs and Men has been stealthily released and is now available on Steam.

Lead the revolution of the Orcs and Goblins!

In a world at war, the vast Empire of Men tries to extend its domination over the territories of the Orcs and Goblins, who are systematically persecuted, enslaved and massacred. Through this great role-playing game, lead a fearsome Orc warrior, and a Goblin master of assassination and stealth.

You have been appointed to fulfill an extremely dangerous mission, deep in enemy territory: to kill one man... the Emperor himself. Fight your way through a terribly hostile world to reach the objective of your quest. Level up, learn and develop powerful skills, and finally free your people from the yoke of the Empire!​

Do they really call it a "great roleplaying game" in the official description? Hah.

I gotta admit the premise sounds interesting, though, and I thought Cyanide's previous RPG, Game of Thrones, was pretty good from a story perspective, but $40 is a bit too steep a price for me to buy Of Orcs and Men blindly. If anyone here goes for it, be sure to share your impressions.

kaizoku

Arcane
Of Orcs and Men | Review / Playthrough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHZObRp9sjA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDXmGg9hcjc

if you like FPS's and things like that, don't waste your money on it at all.

it could be good :)

watching the vids now

edit:

the reviewer was fucking annoying *sigh*

console port (well, developed in parallel)
corridors
RTwP (slow motion)
seems to have some light strategy (different attack and defense skills)
lots of cutscenes (not sure if it's only in the first section of the game, explaining story and tutorial pop ups)
4 attributes and 8 derivate stats

It could still be a fun game if you're into story games, but I wasn't convinced from the little I saw.

Gruia

Educated
yeah, i noticed myself those, even on the second the game was released, russian spammers. Apparently the game has some enemies .. maybe testers? who knows

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The premise looks like retarded way overdone liberal shit. What's with all these pussy fantasy races getting oppressed all the time?

sser

Arcane
Developer
The premise looks like retarded way overdone liberal shit. What's with all these pussy fantasy races getting oppressed all the time?

RK5KY.png

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
As a storyfag, it looks kinda interesting. Gameplay looks like shit though. Consolized shit indeed. May check it out once the price drops dramatically. Not holding breath.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom