Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Swords and Sorcery: Sovereign Announced

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: OlderBytes; Swords and Sorcery: Sovereign

Today Charles (of OlderBytes) announced Sword and Sorcery: Sovereign, the sequel to Swords and Sorcery: Underworld. The game will remain true to its classic dungeon-crawling roots, while expanding on... pretty much everything.

Swords and Sorcery – Sovereign will be a continuation of its predecessor , while expanding on its foundation in many ways.

Sovereign will take place in a large, open world that includes cities, villages, citadels, forests, mountain chains, glaciers, swamps, desert, caverns and dungeons… Your party of adventurers will deal with friends and foes as they had previously, but also with factions, political forces and alliances they can weigh into, or try to break. But they can also ignore them and choose to focus on other, perhaps more urgent preoccupations.

Sovereign will introduce two new classes, druid and hunter.

An extended set of spells and abilities.

Active character creation and development.

Crafting and factions.

…​

There's also a bit of backstory for Sovereign included in the announcement that you can read at the Swords and Sorcery website. There will also be a video coming soon showing some of the new environments and interface. And finally, don't forget to check out the Workshop thread.

Stabwound

Arcane
I guess it's safe to say that Underworld Gold was a success? I haven't gotten around to playing it outside of the early beta demo released here but it looks like a nice early Might & Magic throwback.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wasn't thrilled by this game but I'm glad he's doing well enough to make a sequel.

Morkar Left

Overworld, factions, new abilities and crafting? Sounds cool!

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
:yeah:

Fuck yeah! Looking forward to this :salute:

Thanks! That's always very encouraging to read :D

I guess it's safe to say that Underworld Gold was a success? I haven't gotten around to playing it outside of the early beta demo released here but it looks like a nice early Might & Magic throwback.

Too early to tell, but I had the artist work on both ahead of time so I've got material to go pretty far. How I finish the game depends on how things went when it isn't too early to tell anymore.

Wasn't thrilled by this game but I'm glad he's doing well enough to make a sequel.

Thanks for the good wishes!

Overworld, factions, new abilities and crafting? Sounds cool!

Glad you like the idea :)

And thank you Zed !

Dorateen

Arcane
I haven't gotten around to playing it outside of the early beta demo released here but it looks like a nice early Might & Magic throwback.

I played Underworld pre-Gold release, and even in that stage, I considered it was a well-done homage to Might & Magic I and II. It seems the development has only gotten better (art direction, more combat options) and this sequel should be twice as fun.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I haven't gotten around to playing it outside of the early beta demo released here but it looks like a nice early Might & Magic throwback.

I played Underworld pre-Gold release, and even in that stage, I considered it was a well-done homage to Might & Magic I and II. It seems the development has only gotten better (art direction, more combat options) and this sequel should be twice as fun.

You should try the newer version, IIRC he tweaked and added a few more things. It's really good. I'm currently kicking ass at Lev 10.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I will say, though, the added stuff to the sequel makes it sound appealing.

Dorateen

Arcane

You should try the newer version, IIRC he tweaked and added a few more things. It's really good. I'm currently kicking ass at Lev 10.

Normally I don't replay RPGs. But I think I might look into the gold release, to check out some of the improved combat options and appreciate the other little additions.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I still haven't got around to playing Underworld, bleh. When I get a new job (which may be at the end of this month if all goes well), I'll give you my jewgolds.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
Gragt Thank you Sir. Best of luck with the new job!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom