Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Steam Greenlight Spotlight: The Age of Decadence

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower

Citizen Infinitron has let us know that there's an article on Overclockers Club concerning The Age of Decadence and its Steam Greenlight campaign. Example paragraph:
With Weapon Synergy, allocating skills points to one weapon also boosts other similar weapons by a percentage. For example, putting a point into sword provides a small boost to your dagger, axe, hammer, and spear proficiencies. In a lot of RPGs, allocating points to a specific weapon is often a risky venture, as you're then pigeonholing yourself into only using that particular type of weapon, even if you may find a better one of a different type. That will not be the case in The Age of Decadence and it's a lot more realistic system – if you train sword fighting, doesn't it make sense that your dagger fighting would be slightly improved as well? In fact, you may want to carry more than one type of weapon with you, as each weapon type has its own inherent bonus trait. Daggers and throwing weapons bypass armor, swords and bows have an increased chance at landing a critical strike, axes can split shields (rendering them completely useless and unrepairable), hammers and crossbows can knock your opponent down, and spears can interrupt attempts to close in on you. You can always use the crafting system to get the weapon you want, but if you see a character with a cool weapon, simply kill him and take it – the game uses a "what you see is what you get" loot system! In combat, you have a set number of action points to spend per turn on various actions, which include fast, normal and power attacks, aimed attacks (torso, arms, legs, or head), and special attacks based on the weapon (eg. whirlwind for a sword).
Go to this page and click yes.
By the way, according to this Steam Greenlight page the estimated release date for AoD is October 2013. Currently.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If fucking Yogventures can get Greenlit I can't imagine how AoD won't make it.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
That's because you cleverly avoided any association with the Codex and instead linked to the Gamebanshee preview. Smart move!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No, that's because I made Obsidian, MCA and Sawyer tweet about AoD. :smug:

You made them? Was the mention of Age of Decadence during the D&D game also your work?

I used my mind control powers to (ask them to) retweet AoD's Steam Greenlight link. That's tens of thousands of followers. Wide exposure!

I also asked them to do so less than a day before the stream, so basically yes. ;)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No, that's because I made Obsidian, MCA and Sawyer tweet about AoD. :smug:

You made them? Was the mention of Age of Decadence during the D&D game also your work?

I used my mind control powers to (ask them to) retweet AoD's Steam Greenlight link. That's tens of thousands of followers. Wide exposure!

I also asked them to do so less than a day before the stream, so basically yes. ;)

The Beevarian Illuminati, ruling the world from behind the scenes with an invisible hand. :neveraskedforthis:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Nonsense, obviously is that video masterpiece that is boosting their votes! :P

But seriously, we all know is due Oscar's Latino Lover pic:

7245.jpg

Un voto, un sonriso.
~tu Oscarito

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Hehehehe, un sonriso? Anyway, good to know that the game is getting more and more exposure.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Hehehehe, un sonriso? Anyway, good to know that the game is getting more and more exposure.
As a brazilian, I'm versed in Portuñol, not Spanish. :P

It's sorriso in portuguese, sonriso in italian, how the fuck would I know hermanos changed it to feminine, "una sonrisa"? :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom