Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden 2 Kickstarter Launched

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Barkley 2: Revenge of Cuchulainn; Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden; Kickstarter; Tales of Game's

Hey, so we interviewed Chef Boyardee about the upcoming sequel to Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden about a week ago, which hopefully got some of you excited about it, and now I'm just letting you know that the Kickstarter is now live. Check it out. $10 gets you a copy.

9511.jpg

Barkley 2 is an open world action roleplaying game with heavy emphasis on exploration, choice, character development and discovery. It combines the focus on strong characters and narrative of Eastern RPGs with the non-linearity and openness of Western RPGs, drawing on the best ideas from titles like Realms of Arkania, Fallout, Dark Souls, Romancing SaGa, Dark Sun, Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. It is a game that combines core roleplaying ideas like character creation and development, quests and choices and consequences with fast-paced, action oriented combat (think Soldat meets Zelda) and Tales of Game's unique and erotic sense of humor. In short: this ain't your grandpa's rollenspiel.​

Be sure to study the Kickstarter page carefully. See you in DwarfNET!

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
PS -

Thank you everybody. I cannot believe how quickly this is going. Since the launch of the Kickstarter I've been answering questions and talking to people about the game nonstop. This is insane. This is literally a full-time job. I thought when people said Kickstarter was a full-time job they were just saying it, but no. This is 100% work and we will not get anything done on the game in the next 30 days. Wild.

Seriously, thanks for the support and everything. I just cannot get over how quickly things are going. Just insane.

Murk

Arcane
Giving money now. Pumped for this.

Do not betray me. My heart, it is too fragile.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I'm pretty sure this will go over in a few hours. What will you try to do with the extra cash?
First thing's first, we want to port to Mac and possibly other platforms. We have other ideas but we honestly didn't think things would go this fast so we need to reevaluate some things too. We didn't ask for enough money to work on this full-time, we asked for enough to work full-time for a few months and then part-time for the rest of the time. The more we get, the more time we'll be able to put into this, which means the better it will be and the more content it will have. But we may have a few other exciting things in mind too.

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
The JRPG pixel style looks amazing, especially the big headed dwarves. I am sure you will stretch the sum you've ask for by 200-300%

You should do a 300,000 dollar stretch goal

Hiring the real Charles Barkley to endorse the game and dress up in cheap looking cyber-inplant props and do cutscenes.

wormix

Augur
You can really tell that a lot of work & passion has been put into this game, and pitch. Not really sure how to describe it but there's a feeling I don't get with a lot of other projects on Kickstarter.

Full-size Cyberdwarf body pillow
6 backers
:lol:

Murk

Arcane
You should do a 300,000 dollar stretch goal

Hiring the real Charles Barkley to endorse the game and dress up in cheap looking cyber-inplant props and do cutscenes.

He's willing to sell Taco Bell; why the hell not?

grotsnik

Arcane
The $1000 'Pretend to be us for a press interview' tier's been taken, too. Outstanding!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom