Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden 2 Kickstarter Launched

almondblight

Arcane
Thanks for the update. You might want to consider just copying it wholesale (well, I guess rewording the parts about the Codex) and using it as a project update in a few days.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Where is the game, man.

WHERE IS THE GAME?

We're working on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like I said, we may have something c00l planned for an upcoming convention. . . . .

By the way -

giLrOGf.gif

http://kotaku.com/the-most-adventurous-body-pillow-youll-ever-see-513883830

Semper Games,
ToG

Whatever happened to good old gamesmasterjasper? I'm still fighting hard for the Gaming Revolution.

Rumor has it he got a job moderating the Vidcon forum of DwarfNET.

I must admit it really surprised me that you were keenly aware of the mechanics and history of the genre, it's quite impressive to see your posts about the history of Japanese gaming and experimental, obscure RPGs. When I played the original game I just thought it was a silly meta RPG Maker project, I never thought that one day I would speak to the head designer and discover that what he really meant to do the most is to push the genre forward.

Thanks! I've wasted a lot of my time playing RPGs, but I've also seen what they've done and what they are still capable of doing. I think Barkley 2 is all the things we've seen games do that we wanted to do just a little bit differently. Each individual piece of it isn't really that different from things that have been done before, but as a whole there is very little that's similar. So I guess it's the product of 200 cumulative years wasting time playing RPGs.

Where is the game, man.

WHERE IS THE GAME?
Your answer:
Even though they're not very similar, I'd say the game that it's most like is Age of Decadence.

I guess I just damned myself.

"at a certain convention?"
"not the only codexers?"

some sort of hook-up convention for sexually confused misogynists?

That describes pretty much every video game convention!!!!

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Hey, don't want to necro the topic or anything but maybe some people will be interested. Art wizard Frankiesmileshow is working on some tiles at the moment and streaming (+ playing some old ass dad rock). Art is the most mystifying process in the world to me and I love watching him make it. He'll probably stream for a few more hours so hop on and watch or say hi if you feel like it. He's been streaming quite a bit lately and we always post it on our Twitter feed if you want to catch it.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/frankiesmile

So anyway, just thought some people might be interested!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I've watched his stream a few times when you've announced it on twitteroo. It's better than prosper's stream at least.

He seems quite productive. You must have a lot of art for Barkley.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I saw his sprite-making videos on youtube, p. cool stuff. The music from the game too.

He seems quite productive. You must have a lot of art for Barkley.
You bet...They have even neckbeards and slavs in tracksuits.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom