Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Dan Vávra writes a follow-up on leaked Warhorse video

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Dan Vávra; Kingdom Come: Deliverance; Warhorse Studios

Warhorse Studios' Daniel Vávra, Creative Director, has written a blog post regarding that leaked presentation video from a few days ago. He also writes about what Warhorse has been up to.

So right now we’re fine-tuning our prototype, which we’re planning to show very soon to our potential partners. At that moment, our future will be decided upon and the future of our/your game will depend on the results of these presentations.

One more comment to wind up. It’s quite clear to me that most of you who are following us are bursting with impatience waiting for us to finally release more information. Maybe the unofficial video will give you all at least a little satisfaction and point your expectations in the right direction. Believe me, I'm not happy about this secrecy either, because writing about something when I can’t even say what it is leaves a lot to be desired. Unfortunately, though, there’s no way round it. Given the stage of development, we’re already releasing more information about it than is customary. That’s because we decided to go a completely different route than Brian Fargo or Chris Roberts, who get money on the basis of an announcement and then “don’t need” any more publicity or money and can keep the fans up to date. We’re not looking for development money (for now) and so it wouldn't be too smart to shoot off all our ammo prematurely (and lose the moment of surprise of presenting something new). If things go the way we imagine them, then we can maybe announce our game in the first half of next year. Maybe.​

psst cool t-shirt dan

ColCol

Arcane
Warhorse will be a deluxe multi-genre game that will appeal to many people, just not people who like :obviously: games.

MCA
That depends. Minigames almost always suck but you could argue that combat itself is sort of a minigame, so who knows. But yes, it will most likely suck ass.

In October we also mo-capped some experienced fencers (who even have a few Hollywood movies under their belts) for combat and for all NPCs in the first quest.

As if that's a good thing. Considering sword fights in 99% of Hollywood films suck shit, I guess we can say that combat will likely be retarded, though perhaps not a terribland experience as in Bethesda games.

kaizoku

Arcane
We’re also finalizing one of many minigames

:keepmymoney:

news flash!

combat is a mini game

dialog is another

Warhorse will be a deluxe multi-genre game that will appeal to many people, just not people who like :obviously: games.

what if it ends up being Gothic 2 alike?

That depends. Minigames almost always suck but you could argue that combat itself is sort of a minigame, so who knows. But yes, it will most likely suck ass.

In October we also mo-capped some experienced fencers (who even have a few Hollywood movies under their belts) for combat and for all NPCs in the first quest.

As if that's a good thing. Considering sword fights in 99% of Hollywood films suck shit, I guess we can say that combat will likely be retarded, though perhaps not a terribland experience as in Bethesda games.

because combat in videogames is realistic, amirighty?

maybe it's a bit too soon to raise those pitchforks...

I'm curious, from where is the guy getting his current dev money?
Are his personal savings that fat?

ColCol

Arcane
what if it ends up being Gothic 2 alike?

Well, then I would have dishonored myself by insulting it and would need to perform ritual suicide to pay for my crime.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It looked pretty, though. It came for free with my then brand-new GTX 580 (or was it 570?), along with Just Cause 2.
Just Cause 2 was a much better game... you actually did things in it! Wow!

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

Was there ever a Hollywood movie with a (relatively) historically accurate depiction of melee combat? I don't think I've ever seen one. If a game ever did that, I'd be very, very surprised.

MCA
There are a few. Some of the fights in The Duelists (1977), one particular scene in Barry Lyndon, parts of the final duel in Rob Roy and funnily enough, the duel to death between Achilles and Hector in Troy are often touted as some of the best in western films. There are a few other that I know of and can't recall atm. Otherwise, I find that the seconds-long short duel in Barry Lyndon the most historically accurate.

Also, inbefore some faggot coming referencing the retarded shit in the Potato film "Deluge".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom