Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tentative Torment Kickstarter Tiers Announced

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: InXile Entertainment; Kickstarter; Torment: Tides of Numenera

The Torment: Tides of Numenera website has been updated. It now has a "Pledge Tiers" section, which displays the Kickstarter tiers which inXile are tentatively planning to use for the upcoming Kickstarter. Here's what it says at the top:

Thank you for all of your feedback on Pledge Rewards and Tiers! From your input we have constructed the below Tiers (and rewards) that we plan to use for the Kickstarter. Because of your comments and feedback, we changed several aspects from our original thoughts (which had stemmed in part from our experiences with the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter). Thanks!​

This forum is closed to voting or submitting ideas, but you can post comments on the Tiers – as always, we’d appreciate your input to help us create the best Torment possible. Also, please continue to post your ideas on the Pledge Tiers Discussion and Torment Kickstarter forums. (Note that the Tiers listed below do not the final descriptions and the details may still change.)​

At the end of the list of Tiers are our intended initial add-ons. We might make other options available after the project is funded.​

For the physical goods tiers, we plan to use add-ons to cover additional charges for international shipping.​

(All rewards are DRM-free (game, soundtrack, etc.). Digital documents will be available in PDF, EPUB, MOBI formats.)​

It appears that, as requested by a large number of voters, inXile have decided to minimize physical rewards. As such, the cheapest physical tier, the "Oddity Collector" Limited Edition Box, is priced at $95. There's also no low-cost "early bird" pledge like there was in the Project Eternity Kickstarter, although oddly enough, the higher digital tiers are limited, apparently due to their inclusion of Numenera PnP material.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I really wonder how this will go, it's going to be a test of if the "kickstarter fatigue" idea is real.
The lack of MCA and Planescape will also limit the appeal to many.
My bet: It gets funded, but less than 150%.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That's a damn big fucking inflation, +$5 for each succesful Fargo & Friends kickstarter.
:rpgcodex:
I've written this before, but this might be just them putting the experience from the previous KS to good use. They currently have the most experience out there, after all.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Looks like if you are pledging more than the basic level might as well go for $95 already. Those physical copies are going to disappear fast.

MCA
The question is, what will the Codex get if and when we collect another $5K and possibly more?

This is the one chance for all of you
race_title.png
faggots to redeem yourselves!

Temaperacl

Erudite
The $25 low-end tier also seems off to me - $15 I might go for while $25 would put it squarely in the "wait until it is out (if it gets created) and pick it cheap at some point" category. I tend to treat lower-level tiers the same as I would purchases / preorders and so the pricing matters for them.

Of course, it won't really matter as far as my pledge goes since I will probably go for a higher tier if I pledge anyhow - in this case, I'm expecting my decision to mostly turn on the combat system they decide on (The rest of the pitch matters, of course, but I'm expecting most of that to be acceptable).

Rake

Arcane
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
The question is, what will the Codex get if and when we collect another $5K and possibly more?

This is the one chance for all of you
race_title.png
faggots to redeem yourselves!

We should ask for physical copies of the manual for all backers. I actually don't care about a physical copy of the game itself, but the pdf manual always disappoints me. Even if you print it out yourself, its just not as satisfying as a 100-200 page bound manual.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We should ask for physical copies of the manual for all backers. I actually don't care about a physical copy of the game itself, but the pdf manual always disappoints me. Even if you print it out yourself, its just not as satisfying as a 100-200 page bound manual.

Amount of sense this suggestion is making: 0%

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
There's also no "early bird" pledge like there was in the Project Eternity Kickstarter,
That's odd. I just got an e-mail where they claimed that there *would* be one...

inXile said:
We’re are planning to have a Collector’s Edition physical version. We may have another big box version, but are not planning to have a tier for it. If we have one, it would be available either as an add-on or through a separate online store after the project is funded.

A primary reason for this decision is that for Wasteland 2, we found the cost to the funds for the entry level box to be detrimental to funding the development. That is, the funds raised shown on Kickstarter is deceptive relative to the fund we have for the game. But if we instead provide the box through an online store after the game is funded, then we can be assured we have enough development resources, but can still make the box available to backers.

However, in part because of the interest you’ve shown in having a boxed copy, we are also planning to have, as an exception to our “No Early Bird Tiers” plan (per the Pledge Tiers Discussion Board), an Early Bird option for the Collector’s Edition. This will help out early adopters who do want ensure they get the physical box.

Also the $95 pledge tier on that website says "Early bird". So yeah.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's also no "early bird" pledge like there was in the Project Eternity Kickstarter,
That's odd. I just got an e-mail where they claimed that there *would* be one...

inXile said:
We’re are planning to have a Collector’s Edition physical version. We may have another big box version, but are not planning to have a tier for it. If we have one, it would be available either as an add-on or through a separate online store after the project is funded.

A primary reason for this decision is that for Wasteland 2, we found the cost to the funds for the entry level box to be detrimental to funding the development. That is, the funds raised shown on Kickstarter is deceptive relative to the fund we have for the game. But if we instead provide the box through an online store after the game is funded, then we can be assured we have enough development resources, but can still make the box available to backers.

However, in part because of the interest you’ve shown in having a boxed copy, we are also planning to have, as an exception to our “No Early Bird Tiers” plan (per the Pledge Tiers Discussion Board), an Early Bird option for the Collector’s Edition. This will help out early adopters who do want ensure they get the physical box.

Well, what I meant was a cheap early bird tier, not just any old limited tier.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
This better have more to show than just some concept art

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom