Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Super D&D Sale at GOG

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Baldur's Gate; Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn; D&D; Demon Stone; Dragonshard; GOG; Hasbro; Icewind Dale; Icewind Dale 2; Neverwinter Nights; Neverwinter Nights 2; Planescape: Torment; Temple of Elemental Evil

We interrupt your regularly scheduled Torment festivities with this brief message. Our friends at GOG have a great D&D sale this weekend. Here's the description:

So, we heard you like Dungeons & Dragons games. Oh, believe us--so do we. The high adventure in the Forgotten Realms simply never gets old. Other D&D settings saw their respective excellent games as well. Each and every one of the 10 classic Hasbro D&D games in GOG.com offer is a gem of its own shine, color, and vibe. We know that every computer RPG fan would like to see their complete collection on their GOG.com shelf. That's why today, we offer you the unbelievable D&D Dynamo Stacking Promo! You can get the entire Hasbro D&D collection on GOG.com for as little as $21.90!​

With amazing timeless RPG classics such as Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga and--discounted for the first time ever on GOG.com--Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete, this is an offer you simply can't ignore. This is a stacking promo, so the more games land in your shopping cart, the bigger your discount gets (and if you own any of the games from the promo, they already count towards your discount--keeping it fair for the biggest fans). Time to dust off those D20s! There are deeds of valour to perform in many fantastic lands--go to our D&D Dynamo Stacking Promo page and complete your collection!​

The discount ranges from 40% for one game, all the way up to 80% if you buy them all. As the description notes, this is GOG's first D&D sale since they acquired Neverwinter Nights 2, so this is your chance to get that game for cheap if you don't already have it. What's cool is that it's 80% off if you already have all the other games. You can grab them all here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Hell yeah. Get NWN2 for MotB and never actually play it because you really want to finish the OC before that.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Oh nice,got NWN2 complete for the SoZ and MoW expansions,

Anac'raxus

Learned
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Now I can play the IWDs and MoTB (well, as soon as I buy a computer that doesn't hard lock with accelerated video drivers).

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
noice.jpg

In my defense I bought most of the games during the Christmas Sale and it was cheaper with the shit games than without them.

waywardOne

Arcane
Question: are the games one installer each? I'm not expecting them to be bundled, but if to install BG2+ToB is 1 or 2 exes, etc.

Koschey

Arcane
View attachment 1257
In my defense I bought most of the games during the Christmas Sale and it was cheaper with the shit games than without them.

I know the feeling. The only reason I own Ultima 9 on GOG is that during one Ultima sale all Ultima games I didn't own except U9 would have been more expensive than all Ultima games I didn't own with Ultima 9 included. Since then I'm waiting for GOG to add the ability of disowning games to the site :lol:

This time around, there's only Demon Stone for me. I don't think I want it, not even 80% reduced in price.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
View attachment 1257

I know the feeling. The only reason I own Ultima 9 on GOG is that during one Ultima sale all Ultima games I didn't own except U9 would have been more expensive than all Ultima games I didn't own with Ultima 9 included. Since then I'm waiting for GOG to add the ability of disowning games to the site :lol:
Oh right. I have that too.
:dead:

Koschey

Arcane
I installed the GOG version some weeks ago and had version 1.23 with all expansions without additional patching. But I didn't check wether the Nimbre fix was included for SOZ.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
This time around, there's only Demon Stone for me. I don't think I want it, not even 80% reduced in price.

DragonShard is the worst of the bunch. I also had everything from the previous sale except for NWN2. This Mask of the Betrayer add-on that is supposed to be very Torment-like got me curious.

Koschey

Arcane

DragonShard is the worst of the bunch. I also had everything from the previous sale except for NWN2. This Mask of the Betrayer add-on that is supposed to be very Torment-like got me curious.

Eh, it was fun enough for the one or two days I spent on it after my impulse buy, but yeah, I'll probably at no point in the future stop and say 'Damn, I'm really feeling like playing some Dragonshard!'
So, is Demon Stone only better than Dragonshard or actually worth a try? Never heard or read that much about it, but the gamecard on GOG didn't really pull me in.

deuxhero

Arcane
I was going to buy it, then I remembered I still had like half a dozen games to finish still and Soul Hackers was coming soon.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I wish I could update my GOG account to include all the games of which I already have boxed copies, like all the IE games.

DaveO

Erudite
Demon Stone plays like the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. There are three characters you can play independently(Fighter, Rogue, Mage). You get ten "missions" with some more annoying than others(the troll mission with Drizzt comes to mind). You do get to play as Drizzt briefly, so that would likely be a sale/no sale depending on your feelings. Also, R.A. Salvatore did work on the game for what it's worth.

Erebus

Arcane
Nice to see that they included Mysteries of Westgate !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom