Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Might & Magic X Update: The Barbarian + Q&A #3

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Limbic Entertainment; Might & Magic X: Legacy; Ubisoft

The Might & Magic X Legacy open development blog received two updates today. The first update is yet another Q&A post, answering various questions from fans. Here are a few of them:

“WHAT I LIKED IN MIGHT&MAGIC AND HOMM SERIES IS HUGE CREATURE VARIETY (50+ FOR CERTAIN). CAN YOU TELL US APPROXIMATELY HOW MANY DO YOU PLAN IN THIS SEQUEL 10,50,100?”

I think it is safe to say, that we’ll have about 50+ creatures in MMX, too!​

“WILL SKILLPOINTS BE RARE AND TIED ONLY TO LEVEL UPS ?”

Yes, they will.​

“I DONT UNDERSTAND ... WARFARE GRANTS EXTRA MANA POINTS ?”

“@LASTJACK I HOPE IT IS A TYPO AND THEY WROTE WARFARE INSTEAD OF MYSTICISM..."

I can understand that you guys got confused, sorry about that. So here is some more background info on Warfare:​

Warfare does give extra mana points - however that’s nothing compared to Mysticism. The reason why Warfare gives extra mana points is that the might classes will need some mana in order to use the warfare abilities, which are defined as follows.​

The second update is an introduction to the game's Barbarian class. Once again, the corresponding character from the game's default party - in this case, the male orc Barbarian - is used as an example.

THE BARBARIAN

The Barbarian deals the most melee damage with melee weapons, and favors using two-handed weapons or two weapons at once. Therefore he prefers the mace or axe. But his life is rather low, he is not particularly good at evading, and to make things even worse, he has no idea of how to use a shield. Anyway, he’s capable of redirecting damage.​

Light armor is his first choice, and he once heard how to use a bow.​

RACE SPECIALTY

As already mentioned within the Character classes and races, the trainers and character development as well as the Freemage and the Ranger posting, the race of a character’s class grants some specials. In the case of the Barbarian, it’s the Orcs’ Specialties:
  • Additional safety roll (20% chance) to avoid the conditions “Paralyzed”, “Sleeping”, Poisoned”, “Feebleminded”, “Weak” and “Cursed”.
  • Any damage versus demons is increased by 20%.
  • Any critical damage is increased by 20% of the normal damage.
WARMONGER: THE ADVANCED CLASS OF THE BARBARIAN

As already written in our previous Part 1: Character classes and races posting, the advanced class can be unlocked by a quest or NPC and gives you access to the Grand Master tiers. The character then benefits from special features of the Advanced Class, i.e. improves the character with additional attribute points and additional resistances.​

Besides each character gets a special ability depending on its class. The Warmonger receives the ability “Blood Rage”:​

The Warmonger deals more damage that is increasing when Health decreasing.

WHY WOULD YOU WANT THE BARBARIAN IN YOUR PARTY?

There is no other class, who is that good in fighting with two-handed weapons and especially with maces. So if you like to play a hero who is a powerful and stout melee damage dealer, you may not want to miss the Barbarian in your party.​

As before, both updates contain plenty of screenshots, so check 'em out.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
The Barbarian deals the most melee damage with melee weapons, and favors using two-handed weapons or two weapons at once. Therefore he prefers the mace or axe. But his life is rather low, he is not particularly good at evading, and to make things even worse, he has no idea of how to use a shield. Anyway, he’s capable of redirecting damage.
What the fuck

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Barbarian deals the most melee damage with melee weapons, and favors using two-handed weapons or two weapons at once. Therefore he prefers the mace or axe. But his life is rather low, he is not particularly good at evading, and to make things even worse, he has no idea of how to use a shield. Anyway, he’s capable of redirecting damage.
What the fuck

Compared to the Dwarf Defender and other melee classes, I suppose.

Stabwound

Arcane
I'm all for varied classes that aren't just "this guy is strong! this guy can use low level cleric spells!"

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
What the fuck

Compared to the Dwarf Defender and other melee classes, I suppose.
Kinda goes against the concept they have there. Though I guess they have lots of endurance skill to compensate

Dorateen

Arcane
I immediately read that as his life is rather short-lived, as in speaking generally about the barbarian concept, rather than a game mechanic such as hitpoints/lifepoints.

And when a Dwarf Defender meets an Orc Barbarian, that is sure to be the case.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Don't take the flavored text of the classes seriously, they usually make little sense. The barbarian can GM in bodybuilding, spear and mace ( only master in axe ) as you can see the class description does not fit exactly ( they mention he is good with the axe but no mention on the spear )

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom