Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Paper Sorcerer Now on Steam Greenlight

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Paper Sorcerer; UltraRunawayGames

Wizardry 4-like RPG Paper Sorcerer, which was released just recently, is currently on Steam Greenlight seeking your support:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=196265145

So, do support it if you enjoy this kind of dungeon crawling RPGs.

There's also been a few updates since the game's original release. The latest one, update 1.6, adds the mouse look invert option and changes the character revival rules:

In the controls menu on the title screen, you can now invert mouse look if you so please. Other changes include being able to revive party members by simply resting, instead of restoration crystals being the only thing to do that.​

Sounds casual! Aside from that, there's also been some new content added in version 1.5:

There's a new series of puzzles near the end of the game, which I'm sure you'll enjoy. The main usability feature is on the main menu, a way to rebind your controls, which I'm sure will especially help those using non-QWERTY keyboards.​

I wonder how interesting and/or substantial the new puzzles are, exactly.

warmonger3

Scholar
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Supported. The style attracted me more before I began playing.
For some reason I think this art style would work better in a grid based format rather than free roam though I do like being able to look at objects, seems to be a trade off.

I especially appreciate the patches and of course the inexpensive cost.

Well worth a try to see if it brings one some incline. It brought some joy to my normally sad face. :love:

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
After the Codex review, I purchased it off of their website, which let me download the game without having to deal with Steam and keeps supplying me with updated patches. Part of me wants to say fuck Steam, buy it from their site directly. But I have to acknowledge that supporting them on Steam might get them more notice from the casuals, which in turn would mean more revenue for the company.

Either way you go, support your indie CRPG developers when they churn out good stuff.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
After the Codex review, I purchased it off of their website, which let me download the game without having to deal with Steam and keeps supplying me with updated patches. Part of me wants to say fuck Steam, buy it from their site directly. But I have to acknowledge that supporting them on Steam might get them more notice from the casuals, which in turn would mean more revenue for the company.

Either way you go, support your indie CRPG developers when they churn out good stuff.

He's on Greenlight but not quite on Steam yet I'm afraid. Infinitron Who manages that codex list? Maybe adding it will give the guy a nudge. Will add him to mine.

warmonger3

Scholar
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Steam sucks. I just have it installed / have an account to support indie developers on Greenlight (though you don't need it to vote. I have a few free copies of a few games I play now and then actually now that I checked).

Also as Blues mentioned, exposure to casuals. Let's show them what real games are.

Edit: I like Uplay about as much as steam but M&M :love:..

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom