Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News GOG Winter Sale: Herve gives Bethesda one last middle finger, gives out Fallout Trilogy for free

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout; Fallout 2; Fallout Tactics; Interplay

The GOG Winter Sale began today, and it's probably their most Steam-esque sale yet, with all manner of community votes, deep discounts and other surprises. Not least of which is the fact that they're giving out the so-called "Fallout Trilogy", consisting of Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics, for free for the next 48 hours.

What's up with that, then? Well, according to the Fallout article on Wikipedia, in the section dedicated to the many IP lawsuits that Interplay and Bethesda threw at each other over the past decade:

Interplay's rights to sell and merchandise Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel will expire on December 31, 2013.
Whoops, that's now! How the time flies. Looks like Herve Caen's time in the sun with the Fallout series is finally coming to an end. Perhaps he's decided to sabotage its value a bit before passing it on to its loving new owner? Well, whatever the case, if you want these games from GOG, you'd better get them now, because:

Please note that all three classic Fallout titles are pending right holder change. Sadly, to the best of our knowledge, we'll be forced to remove Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics from our offer. That doesn't mean, however, that you won't be able to download them if they are already a part of collection by then. Secure your copies today (or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)!
It seems that Bethesda have no working relationship with GOG whatsoever and that they aren't interested in establishing one...although oddly enough, Arx Fatalis, which was developed by Bethesda's subsidiary Arkane Studios before they acquired them back in 2010, continues to be sold there. Not sure what's up with that. Anyway, do grab those Fallout games - I hear they're kinda good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I can see a scheme were you get them for free then ask GOG for your money back, and then you purchase them again and ask for a refund. That's how you make money out of nothing or, in this case, potatoes.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can see a scheme were you get them for free then ask GOG for your money back, and then you purchase them again and ask for a refund. That's how you make money out of nothing or, in this case, potatoes.

I'm pretty sure GOG know how much money you paid for a game. :)

thesoup

Arcane
Well I'll be damned. Herve actually delivered for once and made me laugh with him instead of at him.:lol:

He's still a faggot, though.

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
Their servers can't handle the overload and i can't finish the transaction.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
These are the only fallout games worth playing and should be in every gamer's collection. And by downloading it free legally you are screwing Bethesda. Not getting it would be a sin. :smug::excellent:

Seerix

Arbiter
Yep, site's overloaded but works fine otherwise, just retry till it works.

Kz3r0

Arcane
where's the free steam versions herve?
In hell, Harve, just for the time I will Download this I will love you, twice for no steam version.

Edit:
Best RPG of 2013, the FUCK YOU Bethesda version of Fallout, I mean.:incline:

Servo

Arcane
/me kicks self yet again for buying all 3 Fallouts on Steam when they were $20

I'm an idiot.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
20130324143547!Herve_Caen.jpg

hexer

Ah, the RPG Doctors. Honestly I haven't touched anything of theirs for years after I read in one doctors' interview how "they're making emotions, not games." I naturally lost all interest after that.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Oh, Herve. Truly a Byronic hero of our time.

Is there any other game developer more hated than Bethesda?

Of course. If anything, Bethesda's rep has improved on the Codex somewhat in recent years, following Skyrim being an improvement over Oblivion, and their publishing branch releasing Dishonored. Bioware is definitely more hated, as is Eidos Montreal for the shameless rape they're visiting upon Thief.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh, Herve. Truly a Byronic hero of our time.

Is there any other game developer more hated than Bethesda?

Of course. If anything, Bethesda's rep has improved on the Codex somewhat in recent years, following Skyrim being an improvement over Oblivion, and their publishing branch releasing Dishonored. Bioware is definitely more hated, as is Eidos Montreal for the shameless rape they're visiting upon Thief.

The one I hate most.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom