Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review RPG Codex Review: Drox Operative: Invasion of the Ancients

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tags: Drox Operative; Drox Operative: Invasion of the Ancients; Soldak Entertainment

A while back, the Diablo clone in spaaaaaaace Drox Operative received an expansion. It promised to add more late-game content for high level characters and a big threat that can invade the galaxy and screw the player over:

The most interesting addition, however, are the invasions of the ancients that give the expansion its title. They don't tend to happen very often, especially as they are a late-game event, but they do manage to stir things up and bring some fresh air into the later stages of the game. They appear without warning, invade solar systems and destroy everything in their path, potentially changing the balance of power completely. Up to now, the Humans and the Dryads have been the most powerful empires in your game? Well, the ancients just destroyed two of their solar systems each, and it took them less than ten minutes. Their appearance can be a real game changer for the factions you're trying to manipulate, and they might very well screw up your plans on how to best deal with the factions due to the effect they can have on the balance of power between these factions.​

To find out if the additions actually add to the game and whether the expansion is worth getting or not, read on!

Read the full article: Drox Operative: Invasion of the Ancients Review

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I liked their previous games and even this one I bought when it was beta to support the incline, but it never stuck with me so I never bothered with expansion either.
Hope the next game gets them back to earth.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I liked their previous games and even this one I bought when it was beta to support the incline, but it never stuck with me so I never bothered with expansion either.
Hope the next game gets them back to earth.

I feel the same way. I couldn't really play Drox Operative. It never grabbed me like Din's Curse, or better yet Depths of Peril. Depths of Peril was really fun and the world was made interesting by the fact that other adventurers were looting and fighting over the same things. The game doesn't feel like an MMO thankfully.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I've already said it in a Drox thread but they really need to do something different. Din's Curse was a solid entry in the Diablo-clone genre but Drox is way to similar to their other games to be entertaining. They need to throw out the cookie cutter and start fresh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom