Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Divinity: Original Sin Let's Play/Interview with Swen Vincke at Rock Paper Shotgun

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

Rock Paper Shotgun's Nathan Grayson has a new series called A Game And A Chat, where he plays a game together with its developer while interviewing him at the same time. The latest episode features Larian's Swen Vincke, as he and Nathan play Divinity: Original Sin for an hour and a half.

In a year potentially chock full of amazing classic-style RPGs (Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, the beginnings of Torment, etc), it’s easy to overlook Divinity: Original Sin. That, however, would be a tremendous mistake given that the Ultima-VII-inspired Kickstarter darling looks to have depth and personality in spades.

I corralled Larian in my very own (adoptive) hometown of San Francisco, and we played the opus-in-the-making’s latest build. I had to pre-record this one sans a camera, unfortunately, but Larian head Swen Vincke showed me nearly two hours of late-game (read: not in the alpha) gameplay and discussed how players can kill every NPC and still progress, non-violent approaches, how Larian *wants* us to break its systems, how it plans to avoid another disastrous Divinity II: Ego Draconis-style launch (despite some rather pressing bugs in the current version), comedy in a normally self-serious genre, talking to animals, and gobs more. This one is now near the top of my most-anticipated list. Tune in below.

Note: the first 15-20 mins are pretty demo-y, but it becomes more of a dialogue after that. More from our extremely lengthy chat will be coming soon, too. Those bits escaped the video, sadly, but I caught them and smashed them with a mallet until sticky word pools were all that remained.​

I haven't watched this yet myself, but apparently it's quite spoileriffic, so beware.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
stealing content from and generating traffic for that shithole? what has the world come to... :grumpyoldman:

jdinatale

Cipher
I don't understand why anyone would want to watch another human play a video game, let alone a CRPG.

Then again, people watch soccer.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
For people interested in the game, isn't this more about the interview and walkthrough with the developer, tough ?

Rock Paper Shotgun's Nathan Grayson has a new series called A Game And A Chat ...
pic_alan.jpg

Although even Steven Coogan couldn't effectively parody games journalism blogging PR internship due to Poe's law.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
how is that a raise? it has way more stuff going on and more interaction than desert bus...

Severian Silk

I bet the years spent in schooling make the game more tedious however.

[edit]

D:OS graphics are shit. I'm going to go play Subterranea instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom