Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Might & Magic X: The Falcon & The Unicorn DLC Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Limbic Entertainment; Might & Magic X: Legacy; Might & Magic X: The Falcon & The Unicorn; Ubisoft

Before Might & Magic X: Legacy was released, we were already told it was going to get at least one piece of DLC. That DLC, entitled The Falcon & The Unicorn, was released today. As you might have guessed if you're familiar with the Ashan setting, its story has something to do with the imperial "Haven" faction. Here's the description from its Steam page:

One day heroes of Ashan… the next day public enemies?! The adventures of Might & Magic X: Legacy concluded with panache, our favorite group of Raiders dreamed only of basking in their newfound glory. Suddenly, the Holy Inquisition wants their heads, accusing them of crimes they didn't commit.

Sentenced to rot away 'til death on the prison island of Fort Laegaire, the Raiders must ally wits and skills to unravel a sinister plot targeting the heart of the imperial court.

Discover a completely new chapter of Might & Magic X - Legacy, with an exclusive questline, new enemies, new dungeons and much, much more.

Key Features
  • New questline – Continuing the story just after Act IV, this new chapter throws your party kicking and flailing into a sticky web of dangerous intrigue targetting the heart of the imperial court.
  • New enemies – The Falcon & The Unicorn introduces an all-new array of iconic enemies: the Haven faction.
  • New dungeons – Blaze your own path through 2 exclusive dungeons, and solve the dark mystery that could change the fate of Ashan forever.
Included with the DLC is a new patch, the details of which can be found on the Might & Magic X open development blog. Here's an excerpt:

New Content:
  • The Falcon and the Unicorn DLC content:
  • 7 new quests
  • New exclusive dungeons:
  • Fort Laegaire
  • Summer Palace
  • New enemies from the Haven faction
  • New monster spells/abilities:
  • Sun Ray - Deals Light Magic damages to all party members.
  • Martyr - Passive Ability. When this monster dies, all other monsters on the same tile get the "Hour of Justice" buff.
  • Celestial Armor - Adds the "Celestial Armor" buff to a single monster on the same tile. Prevents damages that would be dealt to the monster.
  • Hour of Justice - Adds the "Hour of Justice" buff to a single monster on the same tile. Increases target monster's Melee and Ranged Damage Values, Magic Power and Attack Values.
  • Mass Heal - Heals all monsters on the same tile.
  • Pacification - Apply “Sleeping” condition to the targeted character.
  • Piercing Strike - Every successful strike has a chance to ignore a part of the targeted character’s armor value. Always applied with a critical strike.
  • Unstoppable Strike - Melee block attempts will always fail and the block chance value is reduced.
New features and improvements:
  • “Fast travel” system with the Obelisks. Once activated, you can enter the name of another activated Obelisk, and the party will be teleported to that corresponding Obelisk.
  • Map notes are now also visible on the World map
  • Spirit Beacon spell can now be used only on the Outdoor areas and in the Cities. It can’t be casted during a combat or in dungeons anymore.
  • New Visual and Sound FX for Spirit Beacon spell.
  • Faceless creature can now cast “Dark Nova” spell.
  • Repair/Identify screen and process optimizations.
  • Name of the current level/region on the top of the Area Map.
  • New Two-handed weapons variations
  • New Warfare Ability: Furious Blow – You perform a melee attack with a percentage of additional damages per mana point consumed.
  • Save system – close the save window after successfully saving a game and print game message “Game Saved”
The Falcon & The Unicorn is now available on Steam or directly from Uplay, for the price of $7. Unless you bought the Deluxe Edition, or bought the game when it was in Early Access, in which case you already own it. Enjoy!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Apparently they replaced the loading screen. But is it faster?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
M&M was never my favorite thing, nor blobbers in general, but I feel like an asshole for not buying this just to support incline.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
guess it's a good time to restart and try the other bonus dungeons as well.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
M&M was never my favorite thing, nor blobbers in general, but I feel like an asshole for not buying this just to support incline.
Giving your money to Ubisoft is the opposite of supporting incline.
11153.jpg

P. banal

:yeah:

GO RIGHT AHEAAAAAAD POST SOME MORE

GlutenBurger

Cipher
The way that content bullet list reads, sounds like this is a DLC/upgrade for monsters/enemies.

Great, I needed something to hit.
But it changes things up because now you suddenly need all those light and sleep protection items that were discarded as useless.

Honestly, though, a larger variety of encounters can only be good. The big question is whether the dungeons themselves are any good.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
^yes,at least for me
considerably faster here as well, and i have a pretty decent rig and didn't have problems with loading to begin with.
Giving your money to Ubisoft is the opposite of supporting incline.
if a triple A publisher funding and releasing niche games like rayman origins and mmx isn't incline then i don't know what is...

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
if a triple A publisher funding and releasing niche games like rayman origins and mmx isn't incline then i don't know what is...
I can't speak for Rayman Origins but as far as MMX goes It isn't incline when it barely holds a candle to games made 30 years ago...Now if they were putting actual effort into those games, that would be something.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
I can't speak for Rayman Origins
it was better than the original rayman games. in fact i'd go as far as saying that it's the best 2d jump'n run i've ever played. (haven't played rayman legends yet)
but as far as MMX goes It isn't incline when it barely holds a candle to games made 30 years ago...Now if they were putting actual effort into those games, that would be something.
that's like saying new vegas is decline because it sucks compared to fo1, while it is incline because it came out after fo3. you really are turning into skyway.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
That's a p. sad mindset. Gnawing on the bones they throw under the table.

I can't speak for Rayman Origins
it was better than the original rayman games. in fact i'd go as far as saying that it's the best 2d jump'n run i've ever played. (haven't played rayman legends yet)
That's great, would that CRPGs had as much appeal as platformers.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
That's a p. sad mindset. Gnawing on the bones they throw under the table
the way i see it, the sad mindest is the one unable to see anything positive or worthy of support in a bigass company that goes against established industry norms and tries something that has a high chance of eventually leading to games that might as well be what you yourself would call incline.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
You talk as if there was any risk involved in MMX with the tiny budget they gave the project. It's not going against estabilished industry norms to make cheap spin-offs of your main IPs. Everyone does it.

a high chance of eventually leading to games that might as well be what you yourself would call incline.
That's p. naive. There's no stimulation to make better CRPGs because competition doesn't exist and it won't sell more, as the tiny niche of CRPG fans like the codex will just buy everything even if they're simplistic like this one.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Arguing with Excidium about spending money on games? lulz

(how'd Shadowrun Returns get there though?)

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
You talk as if there was any risk involved in MMX with the tiny budget they gave the project. It's not going against estabilished industry norms to make cheap spin-offs of your main IPs. Everyone does it.

Haha, so this is now a "main IP" for Ubisoft? Have I unexpectedly shifted to a parallel universe where HoMM sells millions of copies anually?

For MM, it's that DS game that's the cheap spinoff, bro.

In any case, for an AAA publisher, Ubisoft certainly seems quite adventurous in recent years. They even created an engine with the express purpose of making good looking 2D games easily. But then again, you thought Child of Light was a mobile game, despite them releasing it on every imaginable platform except for mobile, so parallel universe indeed.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Haha, so this is now a "main IP" for Ubisoft? Have I unexpectedly shifted to a parallel universe where HoMM sells millions of copies anually?
It isn't one of their top dogs obviously.

In any case, for an AAA publisher, Ubisoft certainly seems quite adventurous in recent years. They even created an engine with the express purpose of making good looking 2D games easily. But then again, you thought Child of Light was a mobile game, despite them releasing it on every imaginable platform except for mobile, so parallel universe indeed.
it will be released on mobile plataforms eventually. You probably think Witcher 2 was a PC game too.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Re: "risk", it's not really about "risk", it's more about the brain aneurysm every executive at every major publisher undergoes when they hear the phrase "turn-based RPG"

something something opportunity cost something something we could be spending this money on a mobile F2P game instead something something

Fact is, Julien Pirou had to fight for years to get this game made, so let's reward them for finally listening to him.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

So by releasing a niche game in a niche IP, they're actually not acting like the other big publishers at all? Glad we've come to an agreement.

it will be released on mobile plataforms eventually. You probably think Witcher 2 was a PC game too.

Rayman didn't get released on mobile, despite it being the same engine.

And why not mention Witcher 1 as well? They were trying to port it to consoles, and it would work, it's not like the game was an overwhelmingly complex PC masterpiece. Think that was made with consoles in mind as well?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

So by releasing a niche game in a niche IP, they're actually not acting like the other big publishers at all? Glad we've come to an agreement.
Not really.

And why not mention Witcher 1 as well? They were trying to port it to consoles, and it would work, it's not like the game was an overwhelmingly complex PC masterpiece. Think that was made with consoles in mind as well?
Maybe. I know that was the case with the sequel at least, like it's evident Child of Light is a mobile-oriented title being released first on main gaming platforms.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
mobile-oriented title being released first on main gaming platforms.
it makes zero sense to release something mobile-oriented on everything but mobile platforms first.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom