Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Titan Quest Q&A at GameCloud

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Titan Quest

<A href="http://www.gamecloud.com/">GameCloud</a>(What, have all the good nouns been taken for gaming sites?) has posted <A href="http://www.gamecloud.com/article.php?article_id=917">an interview</a> with <b>Brian Sullivan</b> about <A href="http://thq.com/game.asp?1148|49246">Titan Quest</a>. It talks about the usual, the character creation, the locations:
<br>
<blockquote><b>Gamecloud - What will the locations and settings of Titan Quest be like?
<br>

<br>
Brian Sullivan</b> - Fantastic. The art and graphical quality of our game is our biggest differentiator. We have an incredible amount of detail in the world, and many parts of the world are interactive and animated, creating a really compelling experience. You will be questing in the ancient world, visiting villages, towns and wonders in the great civilizations of Greece and Egypt.</blockquote>
<br>
Well, as long as they're <i>Fantastic</i>, how can you argue?
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.shacknews.com">Shack News</A>

Crazy Tuvok

Liturgist
I am pretty agnostic about the game at this point, but the interview is priceless:

"How is .."

"Unbelievable! We have managed the perfect blend of whatever it was you were going to ask about!"

"What have you done about.."

"It is great! Everything you like from other games plus more!"

"How does.."

"Amazing! Imagine your prefect system..now multiply that by 1000% and then exponentially increase that! Still does not come close! God we fucking ROCK!"

Screaming_life

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
Well, you know he hasn't hired Tom Ohle because I didn't see the word epic in there.

you didn't look hard enought then! ;)

Gamecloud - What can you tell us about the storyline for the single player portion of the game?

Brian Sullivan - It is an epic story of good versus evil! We are not releasing additional details at this point.

I think this is my favourite answer:

Gamecloud - What will the combat system be like in the game?

Brian Sullivan - A lot of fun! Titan Quest is an action/RPG, so there will be lots of clicking, but we have put a lot of effort to get the tactile feel of combat to be really satisfying. This is a lot harder than it sounds, because we must get the pacing, hit boxes, feedback, special effects, sounds, and animations just right. If the tactile feel of combat isn’t just right, it won’t be fun.

:lol:

Snuffles

Novice
I'm wondering if any games THQ have released recently have been badly made or poorly produced? Just wondering what their reputation is like as I've only played Dawn Of War from them and that seemed nicely polished.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
THQ used to do a bunch of shitty budgetware games, mainly cheap TV and movie cash-ins but recently they've been making a push to become one of the "Big Boys".

Along with this, aren't they also publishing that Mage Knight game?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
This game is going to suck so much ass.

The Codex majority has spoken.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom