Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Bloodlines fan patch hits 1.6

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines; VTMB Unofficial Patch

Troika's last game, Vampire Bloodlines, has just been patched again by some dedicated fans looking to smooth the game's rough edges. You can get it at <a href=http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=27233>Worthplaying</a>, <a href=http://www.3dgamers.com/games/vampirebloodlines/downloads/>3D Gamers</a> or <a href=http://www.fileplanet.com/155670/150000/fileinfo/Vampire:-The-Masquerade---Bloodlines-unofficial-patch-1.6>FilePlanet</a> (as a last resort). Here's the new fixes:<blockquote>All dialogues were spellchecked for typos and more by Paul Moloney.
<br>
Several mistyped variables found could provide additional dialogues.
<br>
Fixed variables in texts of Ash, Bertram, Boris, Venus and Mitnick.
<br>
Corrected still not working Hitman quest fix and other related bugs.
<br>
Adjusted damage values of Steyr Aug, SWAT rifle and Ithaca shotgun.
<br>
Lowered lockpicking skill needed for chemical substances door to 10.
<br>
Prevented triggering the building scene before getting Muddy quest.
<br>
Made Model Citizen quest show failure directly after leaving Tawni.
<br>
Cleared up the log texts of the Muddy quest and Pishas occult quest.
<br>
Reconstructed lip-synchro for the misplaced Isaac text moved by Dan.
<br>
<b>Re-branded Uzi, Mac 10, Glock 17c, Ithaca and both Remingtons guns.</b>
<br>
Fixed double option with wrong link in the dialogue file of LaCroix.
<br>
Renamed Purge to Blood Purge and spellchecked all other text files.</blockquote>What? Does "rebranded" mean you changed the fictional names to the names of the real guns they're based on? If so, NO! BAD! That's intentional so that designers can make the weapon as powerful as they want to fit the game rather than to fit how the actual weapon performs. Adding dialog options, though, is good. I just wish, as has been noted by many, that the actual bugfixes were separate from the "improvements".
<br>

<br>
Thanks, <b>dojoteef</b>!
<br>

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Troika used fictional names for their guns. For example, their is a hunting rifle called the Jaime Sue. Jamie Sue was a Troika employee, map dedsign, I think.

Fez

Erudite
It really should be one patch for fizes and an extra one for the non-fix game changes.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I kinda try to ignore those modifications to the game. Also, can they change what weapons the enemies are holding? I'd like to see them carrying more powerful weapons, like the Desert Eagles, Spazz 15's, and Uzi's, instead of lower end hardware that's less lethal.

NeVeRLiFt

Liturgist
Whipporowill said:
I hate "fan improvements"... I'll never use patches that'd add things a modder deems need be in the game. Why would it be som impossible to have those things set as optional?

I agree why do they always start adding or changing shit? Why cant they just fix the bugs and leave well enough alone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom