Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Goldenland skills system article on RPGDot

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Golden Land

<A href="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</a> has posted <A href="http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=501">an article</a> about the skills system in <a href="http://www.goldenland-rpg.com/">Goldenland</a>. Here's a bit of the Q&A part:
<br>
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>RPGDot:</b> How are levels of skills implemented. Does a new level just make you better at something or does it also introduce new effects and different animations (if applicable).
<br>
<br>
<b>Burut:</b> When getting a new skill level the hero gets a certain amount of action points that he can distribute for skills. Every next level will require one more point than the previous one. This way, to raise your skill from 4th to 5th level you will have to spend 5 points and from 12th to 13th level you will need 13 points.
<br>

<br>
Skill level influences the hero?s characteristics and when reaching certain levels allows to get new abilities such as series of hits. They are combined from the ones available for the hero. The skills improve the hero?s abilities but the visualization remains unchanged.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Eh.. Extra animations for skill improvement would just be fluff anyway.

triCritical

Erudite
I can't remember but were there different animations in unarmed for FO2 when you got the new options?

Also, isn't Goldenland a sequal of sorts to Heath? Has Heath been released yet? If so is it out in some country other then Russia? And if not, will Goldenland ever come out here in a country other then Russia?

Anyhow it looks like they are using a skill system similar to those found in the later Might and Magic games. OK I gues.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
triCritical said:
I can't remember but were there different animations in unarmed for FO2 when you got the new options?

Also, isn't Goldenland a sequal of sorts to Heath? Has Heath been released yet? If so is it out in some country other then Russia? And if not, will Goldenland ever come out here in a country other then Russia?

Anyhow it looks like they are using a skill system similar to those found in the later Might and Magic games. OK I gues.

Heath has never been released. It's coming out in 2003.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
What a silly interview. It sounds as if the interviewer is just trying to make Goldenland sound bad by asking stupid questions about stupid features that aren't even in any other games. Hell, it's not as if Diablo 2 depicts higher level passive skills differently than a lower level of the same skills.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Looks like I was wrong, Golden Land apparently does have ties with Heath, even though Heath still isn't out.

As for the Q&A, I didn't think it was that bad other than the skills/animation question, considering it's a 2D game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom