Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity available for pre-order, gets new trailer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Paradox Interactive; Pillars of Eternity

There was a time when Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart dreamed of Pillars of Eternity beating Dragon Age: Inquisition to market. Well, that's not going to happen, so they've done the next best thing and launched a kind of pre-order campaign for it. The game is now available for pre-order at Steam, GOG or directly from the Paradox Store. It comes in two flavors, a $45 dollar "Hero Edition" and a $60 "Champion Edition" with additional goodies, both of which are available at a 10% discount until November 25. Check out the press release and the game's new trailer. It's got dragons and stuff.

STOCKHOLM — November 11, 2014 — Paradox Interactive and Obsidian Entertainment today announced that Pillars of Eternity, the fan-funded role-playing game (RPG) inspired by classics of the genre, is now available to pre-order from digital distributors everywhere with a discount available for early purchasers. Pre-orders of the game will also include special in-game bonus items – while fans who backed the game on Kickstarter will receive these extras free of charge.

Paradox and Obsidian have also announced that this week they plan to reveal a wide array of never-before-seen game content via a live stream, hosted by Josh Sawyer, Project Director for Pillars of Eternity, alongside popular gaming personality Jesse Cox. The live stream will air Thursday, November 13 at 1pm PST (22.00 CET) on the official Paradox Interactive Twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

Get a breathtaking glimpse at the beautiful world of Eora in a newly released trailer for Pillars of Eternity.

All pre-orders of Pillars of Eternity will receive a 10% discount (limited time offer) off of the game's full retail price and will include two secret, special in-game items. This discount and the in-game bonus offer are valid for both versions of the game, including the Hero Edition, which includes the full version of Pillars of Eternity, and the Champion Edition, which includes both the full game and a variety of premium bonuses:
  • A digital copy of the Pillars of Eternity Original Soundtrack (OST)
  • A digital campaign almanac containing backstory, lore, and information about Eora
  • Access to a documentary on the making of Pillars of Eternity
  • A high-resolution digital game map
  • High-resolution Pillars of Eternity wallpapers
  • Pillars of Eternity ringtones for mobile devices
Fans who pledged for a copy of Pillars of Eternity during the Kickstarter campaign will receive the pre-order in-game bonus items at no extra cost upon the game’s launch in 2015.

Pillars of Eternity is an RPG inspired by classic titles such as Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment, which features an original world and game system that evokes and improves upon the traditional computer RPG experience. Funded via Kickstarter in late 2012, raising $4.5 million through both backer pledges on Kickstarter and Obsidian’s own website, Pillars of Eternity has been a project of passion both for the development team and for the loyal fans who have made it possible.

To purchase Pillars of Eternity, visit buy.pillarsofeternity.com.

For more information on Pillars of Eternity, visit eternity.obsidian.net.​

YouTube personalities, just like Larian! One can't help but notice the increased prominence of Paradox Interactive in these events. Dare I suggest that they're looking to recoup their investment in PoE's additional months of development?

Last edited by a moderator:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Why do the video make the gameplay look good when we all know it's subpar?

Also, that music is shit.

Also, they ripped off BIO! BIo did dragons first in DA3! Trying to jump on the BIO dragon bandwagon!

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

Personally, I got a kick out of the scant, one-second-long pauses during which party orders were issued.

Yeah, it saves time in the trailer and allows viewers to see the action (and really, ACSHUN! is what RTwP is all about), but that's borderline false advertising. A more accurate depiction of PoE's combat would be .5 seconds of action, then 9 seconds of pausing, then the cut to a new scene in the trailer. :lol:

This game operates in an entirely new category of RTwP I like to call PwRT.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Is it worth the money?

For $40? Sure.

blainecrypoe.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The music is the same music from the Kickstarter pitch.

Couldn't they have come up with something new?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Also, that music is shit.

Also, they ripped off BIO! BIo did dragons first in DA3! Trying to jump on the BIO dragon bandwagon!
Didn't Bio do them first in BG2?

Obsidian riding Bio's coattails for 15 years.

Deleted member 7219

This looks like the game I've been waiting for Obsidian to make since Mask of the Betrayer.

I really can't wait. So glad I backed the Kickstarter.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I saw space.

In before magic actually being revealed as high-tech technology in disguise.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
$45 is an interesting price-point.

Livestreaming it this Thursday, obvious jokes aside, is a weird decision. Not exactly looking its best right now.

(and really, ACSHUN! is what RTwP is all about)
No, that would be pure real-time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom