Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Devil Whiskey version 2.01 released

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Devil Whiskey

There's a <a href="http://www.devilwhiskey.com/main.html">new version</a> of <A href="http://www.devilwhiskey.com/">Devil Whiskey</A> out. This version apparently fixes the issues with the recently released <b>2.0</b> version of the demo that was released. The demo area is now larger, comes with a pre-built party of level six characters, and new items and skills.
<br>
<br>
Anyone tried this game recently? If so, what are the major changes to the retail?
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.ve3d.com">VoodooExtreme</A>

Human Shield

Augur
Did Codex review it? I think it lacked mouse support right?

I remember not liking the demo because the portraits were so ugly.

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
Human Shield said:
Did Codex review it? I think it lacked mouse support right?

I remember not liking the demo because the portraits were so ugly.

I didn't like the progress bar of the installation program. What a terrible crpg :(
Anyway the Finish button of the uninstall program was ugly too.

Greenskin13

Erudite
DrattedTin wrote the original ProgressQuest

Yeah, I know what you mean. When games these days have HyperGlide, super platinum DVD quality 3D progress bars, I just can't go back to 2D bars anymore. It just totally takes me out of the game.

Psilon

Erudite
You laugh, but I've gotten shit before because apps I worked on didn't use the super-nifty UXTHEME.DLL-based XP progress bars and stuck to the (sensible-to-load) Windows NT/2000 style. Why Microsoft couldn't have shipped a spayed COMCTL32.DLL v6 as a redistributable for non-XP systems is beyond me.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Psilon said:
You laugh, but I've gotten shit before because apps I worked on didn't use the super-nifty UXTHEME.DLL-based XP progress bars and stuck to the (sensible-to-load) Windows NT/2000 style. Why Microsoft couldn't have shipped a spayed COMCTL32.DLL v6 as a redistributable for non-XP systems is beyond me.

And what you said was beyond me, too.

Saxon1974

Prophet
I might try this game. I like these types of old school RPG's. Now If I could only find the free demo to download somewhere. The screen's of the box packaging were very good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom