Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Update #85: Hong Kong campaign concept art revealed

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Harebrained Schemes; Shadowrun Returns; Shadowrun: Hong Kong

Looks like Harebrained Schemes are slowly revving up the hype for their next Shadowrun Kickstarter campaign. If you weren't convinced it was going to be Hong Kong before, this new Kickstarter update will probably change your mind:

Here's a piece of look & feel concept art for our new setting. We'll show how it translates into Shadowrun's isometric gameplay view when our Kickstarter launches in January!
I wonder if that troll in the foreground is anybody important.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Definitely plan on backing this, but I would LOVE to see a very small initial goal. Like a dollar!:) They've got all of the tools 'n shit setup already anyway, they know what the engine can do and what it can't so pre-production costs at least should be minimal. And they must have earned SOMETHING from Shadowrun Retruns & Dragonfall. So yeah, it'd be great if they just came out and said 'here's what we can do with the money we have and here's what we would like to do if we had X amount'. That's probably not how it's going to go down though is it?:) Oh well.

Wizfall

Cipher
Only pledge 15$ the first time, got an awesome deal for my money with fantastic customer support.
Still isometric so certainly still TB, i had very little doubt but you never know so..........
Hong Kong here we come :bounce: !!

A horse of course

I play video games precisely for the purpose of escaping China. downvotan

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Definitely plan on backing this, but I would LOVE to see a very small initial goal. Like a dollar!:) They've got all of the tools 'n shit setup already anyway, they know what the engine can do and what it can't so pre-production costs at least should be minimal. And they must have earned SOMETHING from Shadowrun Retruns & Dragonfall. So yeah, it'd be great if they just came out and said 'here's what we can do with the money we have and here's what we would like to do if we had X amount'. That's probably not how it's going to go down though is it?:) Oh well.
But what of Golem Arcana? Was the game successful? They barely reached their KS goal, and producing exclusive miniatures probably isn't cheap.

naossano

Cipher
I wonder what the stretch goals will be?

Campaign extension
Astral Plane
Extra Characters
New Mechanics?

I have indeed great hope for the stretch goals.
If they would add a french translation, the better. The french community is starting to get pissed at the lack of translation for Dragonfall...

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Itz coming!
nathan-road-golden-mile-kowloon-hong-kong-big.jpg

:yeah::dance::patriot:

jdinatale

Cipher
I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I'm not comfortable with minorities in my RPG's. They need to keep the game in the US, where role-playing originated.

cw8

Cipher
Been waiting for the HK campaign. Will probably back the boxed copy for this.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I'm not comfortable with minorities in my RPG's. They need to keep the game in the US, where role-playing originated.

Fucking minorities! I hope they will keep my game clean of those ugly white people! Horrible creatures, want to ruin a pure Asian experience :( Happily, Hong Kong police will gun them down before they steal something.

Diablo169

Arcane
So the bulk of this kickstarter will go towards writing and art I'm assuming? Would love to see the combat and encounter designed ramped up a bit too though. Having said that i've yet to play Dragonfall so I've no idea if its any better then DMS is that regard.

cw8

Cipher
So the bulk of this kickstarter will go towards writing and art I'm assuming? Would love to see the combat and encounter designed ramped up a bit too though. Having said that i've yet to play Dragonfall so I've no idea if its any better then DMS is that regard.

Dragonfall is better than DMS in almost every regard.

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
I liked the both campaigns. Look forward to get my hands on this one.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Been waiting for the HK campaign. Will probably back the boxed copy for this.

I'll be surprised if that happens, considering how how much of an afterthought the last boxed copy felt like.

grudgebringer

Why do they need a kickstarter in the first place?

:keepmymoney:

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Skyscrapers in Rome, this is the kinda thing that made me not want a bunch of whiteys from Seattle making a game that places place in Hong Kong.

Why do they need a kickstarter in the first place?

They didn't make enough money from Dragonfall: DC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom