Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview IGN talks Dungeon Siege 2 post-mortem with Chris Taylor

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Dungeon Siege 2; Gas Powered Games

<a href=http://pc.ign.com>IGN</a> <a href=http://pc.ign.com/articles/651/651534p1.html>talked to Chris Taylor</a>, the bigwig at Gas Powered Games, about Dungeon Siege II after the fact.<blockquote>IGNPC: In the end, are you interested in creating another entry in the franchise, or would you rather change gears for now (or focus your resources on Supreme Commander)?
<br>
<br>
Chris Taylor: Absolutely, we very much believe in the Dungeon Siege franchise, but we are very likely to make another set of fundamental changes to the gameplay, especially considering the success of the MMO games of late… and yes, we are cooking up something new and exciting here.</blockquote>Oh, good, an MMO! I was just saying we needed another one of those. Well, at least the company probably wouldn't otherwise have spent that time and those resources making something I actually wanted to play.

Chefe

Erudite
An MMO? That's unheard of! No one makes MMOs! They're treading into risky waters, I tell ya'.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I thought MicroSoft had gotten out of the MMO racket. Honestly, can anyone think of anything more boring than a Dungeon Siege MMO?

Chefe

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
I thought MicroSoft had gotten out of the MMO racket. Honestly, can anyone think of anything more boring than a Dungeon Siege MMO?

I wanted to say something witty, but the sad truth is I can't really imagine anything that would be more boring an a Dungeon Siege MMO...

I mean, it's not bad... just so boring. Dungeon Seige makes me want to go to work, just to get out of the monotony.

Sarvis

Erudite
I dunno, not sure he means they want to make an MMO. Sounded more like they wanted to copy the gameplay mechanics of an MMO.

Of course, that might be equally bad...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom