Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Dungeon Siege 2 clobbered by RPGLand

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Dungeon Siege 2

<A href="http://www.rpgland.com/">RPGLand</a> shows not a whole lot of love for <A href="http://www.gaspowered.com/ds2">Dungeon Siege 2</A> in their <a href="http://www.rpgland.com/games/dungeonsiege2/review.html">review</a> of the game. The score is a <b>4/10</b>, which is apparently one less than average. Anyway, controls:
<br>
<blockquote>Control isn't as much of a pleasure. One must click, click, and keep clicking in order to move. After a long session of gaming, your clicking hand may easily have some pain in it. This is especially true when considering that in battle, you must click once for every time you want to attack, in lieu of the original game's system of auto-attacking until the enemy died. Granted, the one-click-one-attack method makes changing a target much easier, but the old way is still preferred. Not stopping there, the newly modified camera movement has made fast escaping a dangerous task--the camera itself is the player's worst enemy in the heat of a big battle. It becomes a game of clicking a location on the ground, waiting, clicking another, then anticipating a camera swing...click again, click again; "whoa, the camera moved," so move your mouse around and start clicking again. Hopefully this problem can be fixed with a patch or something.</blockquote>
<br>
Actually, you can turn on the auto-attack stuff a la the first one in the options. Not sure why you'd want to go from being margainly involved in your character's actions to spectating everything, though.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Eric</b>!
<br>

geminito

Liturgist
Annoying camera movement was why I quickly learned to hate NWN while playing the demo. It annoyed the crap out of me that I sometimes couldn't see my character or what was attacking him because the camera had not yet caught up to show me what is in the hallway I just entered. If my character can see something, I should be able to see it too.

"Usability" is not just a software marketing term.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
What's kind of funny is when first person advocates use that as an argument for first person. Yes, there are three quarter view games with shitty implimentations of camera, but I'll take that over not being able to see what's directly to my right or left.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom