Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Arvan Eleron Interview: Josh Sawyer on Pillars of Eternity

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Gregory Wilson; J.E. Sawyer; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity

Obsidian's Josh Sawyer was a guest on Gregory "Arvan Eleron" Wilson's Twitch channel last night. The topic of the stream was of course the upcoming Pillars of Eternity, which is now less than a week away. Arv's interview with Josh was about 50 minutes long, with another 35 minutes in which he passed on questions from viewers. He also fired up the game's beta and took the Beetle World Tour while he was at it. Watch the archived version here:

Topics covered in the interview include Josh's impressions of Kickstarter-funded gaming, his design philosophy, the game's races and classes, the graphics and UI, voice acting, and much more. The Q&A session is also worth listening to - a few Codexian questions managed to slip their way in, including one about Sensuki's favorite topic.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I think the [Codexer] mis-phrased his Engagement question - he said "why is movement restricted" and Josh said he didn't think it was very restrictive. What he probably should have said is "Why is movement punished".

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think the [Codexer] mis-phrased his Engagement question - he said "why is movement restricted" and Josh said he didn't think it was very restrictive. What he probably should have said is "Why is movement punished".

Eh, I'm pretty sure he understood what that question was aiming for. His answer probably wouldn't have significantly changed.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It was a very nice and interesting interview. I always find Josh's interviews very fun, because he actually knows what he is talking about.

Dalek

Novice
Less palming off the question though. So far it actually seems to be really punishing to new players.
I thought the main opinion on Codex was close to "noobs can go fuck themselves and RTFM" ? I mean, most of the good TB sysytem I played had some form of engagement/attack of opportunity anyway

Anyway, very good interview, I can't wait for the game. It's really a great thing about kickstarter : you can actually have meaningful interviews with devs, and not the usual generic PR crap.

hivemind

I haven't really followed the game much before, but from the interviews and stuff I have looked at in the past few days I think I might get over the real time with pause and buy it once I get some money.

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
I am super curious about the storyline and so far the Battlesystem seems fair, but I am sure the game will need a lot of updates, because of the possibilities the char skillsystem offers the player.
Good interview! some kudos to :balance: for the good answers!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom