Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple of Elemental Evil dev chat next Tuesday

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Temple of Elemental Evil

Next Tuesday, RPG Codex will be hosting a developer chat with <A href="http://www.troikagames.com">Troika</a> about their upcoming D&D game, <i>Temple of Elemental Evil</i>. Here's the info:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>Where:</b> irc.gamesnet.net, #rpgcodex
<br>
<b>When:</b> Tuesday, February 11th, 2003 at 8PM Eastern time(GMT -5)</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
So, there you have it. Be there, or suffer eternal scorn by your peers.
<br>

Spazmo

Erudite
Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Hey, can we ask what Tim really thinks about Neverwinter Nights? Or maybe for a few screens?

riddick

Novice
Ok then, if its eternal scorn you want - repeat after us. In a late announcement by the marketing...I mean development team of Troika, the following changes have been made to ToEE. It is now a real-time, linear, MMORPG, where the main character MUST be a dual-scimitar wielding drow ranger (with mandatory kewl portrait of said drow ranger), who will romance an ex-winged elf. There, now you have ETERNAL and INSTANT scorn. :)

Seriously, luv your work Tim and Troika. ToEE looks like it has all the elements that make a great RPG - character choices with lasting consequences (having read the recent article at gamebanshee), role playing potential (funny how often that one gets left out of CrPGs, little r on purpose), not to mention a great setting. Hope it goes good - now all I have to do is work out what time the chat is in Australia - us Aussies have trouble counting past five unless its how many beers we've already drunk...

riddick

Novice
Cheers Deathy.

Mind you, if I get it a whole week later, I'm moving westward before then. :)

RPG codex reminds me of the TTLG boards, with the amount of true discussion about great games and help from posters and staff alike. I think I'll make all you guys honourary aussies.

riddick

Novice
What, you don't like getting up an hour early Jarinor ? :)
Whereabouts in the Sunshine State are you forced to live ?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
20:00:00 Tue Feb 11 2003 in US/Eastern converts to
02:00:00 Wed Feb 12 2003 in Europe/Stockholm

nice :D

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
Next Tuesday, RPG Codex will be hosting a developer chat with <A href="http://www.troikagames.com">Troika</a> about their upcoming D&D game, <i>Temple of Elemental Evil</i>. Here's the info:

<b>When:</b> Tuesday, February 11th, 2003 at 8PM Eastern time(GMT -5)</blockquote>

Does this converts to 1 pm in Greece ?
I wonder.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
chrisbeddoes said:
Saint_Proverbius said:

Does this converts to 1 pm in Greece ?
I wonder.
20:00:00 Tue Feb 11 2003 in US/Eastern converts to
03:00:00 Wed Feb 12 2003 in Europe/Athens

Jarinor

Liturgist
riddick said:
What, you don't like getting up an hour early Jarinor ? :)
Whereabouts in the Sunshine State are you forced to live ?

Actually, I LIKE living in Queensland. I prefer it to Melbourne, where I spent quite a few years,, the weather being an obvious factor. I'll take warm weather any day (one reason I liked the Middle East so much). You couldn't pay me to live in NSW :D. I live in Brisbane, if you really want to know.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Why does Daylight Savings Time still exist, anyhow? It isn't as if there's Tories to fight so early in the morning, or at any time of the day, for that matter.

Dan

Liturgist
Yey, it's going to be 3 AM over here.

Well, I better go write some questions and make some coffe.

Exitium said:
Why does Daylight Savings Time still exist, anyhow? It isn't as if there's Tories to fight so early in the morning, or at any time of the day, for that matter.

I think some people like to do strange stuff like go to the beach or have these weird things called cookouts on summer nights, and they say having an extra hour of daylight helps them enjoy themselves. Losers.

Spazmo

Erudite
We still eat food, Exitium. Farmers need that daylight. And if you're still not happy, move to Saskatchewan.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Spazmo said:
We still eat food, Exitium. Farmers need that daylight. And if you're still not happy, move to Saskatchewan.

Right, that's the primary reason behind it. Fields of work involving largely outdoor work, like farming, construction, gardenning, etc. require Daylight Savings Time to keep on pace with other employment sectors.

However, Arizona doesn't use it either.

triCritical

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
However, Arizona doesn't use it either.

Last time I went to Arizona, I ate at a resteraunt that had a sign, which politely asked me to leave my firearms outside. This was shocking considering i grew up in the Bon... err Los Angeles. Gotta love Arizona.

triCritical

Erudite
On topic, could someone please ask this question for me, since I will not be able to attend.

Arcanum had a fairly large development cycle, considering they tried to do a lot with the construction kit and multiplayer. Still many people said the game was unfinished. My question is do they believe they have had sufficient time to make ToEE a quality title or is it meant to be a fairly short and consice game that will be the beginning of more Greyhawk modules?

I have another question about tactical combat. We all know that 3E rules are much better for tactical combat, and we had heard that the original design for PoR:RoMD was going to integrate a lot of the furniture and [i[props in the environment[/i] to be used tactically during combat. However, this never really happened. Is ToEE, since it uses an engine similar to PoR:RoMD's, going to use a the environment to support tactical combat?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom