Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Favor: Are you/Do you know a developer who could help with this?

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
So, it will take less to explain this by actually linking the video:

https://youtu.be/BMSCAlv4ZsU?t=20m30s

at 21:50 he explains what kind of games could work.
Anyone here is a developer or knows a developer who could facilitate this?

Thank you so much in advance for any help/interest.

Cheers!

flabbyjack

Arcane
Quite a neckbeard he has going on there.

It sounds like what he wants is a 3-d graphics library filled with realistic objects that can be licensed.

Last I checked, my pals in the graphics design industry called me a madman when I suggested such a concept (IE a library you can license that contains thousands of already existing 3d objects). Years later they called me back to tell me how right I was, but I didn't get any details about the existing libraries.

Good hunting.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And everyone will continue to complain about how almost every game seem to have no direction and all look the same ala RPGMaker syndrome, moreso than now, which is caused by Unity Marketplace and likes (also that 3dMax free models website, can't remember name).

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Im not sure if i got this straight, he wants free assets with all copyrights to them? Thats not hard to get, but its not gonna be quality stuff either, you know? People who spent hard work into something will not be okay to distribute it with all copyrights.
Like FuriousGamer said, he could try asset stores, but thats not free so yeah.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
Im not sure if i got this straight, he wants free assets with all copyrights to them? Thats not hard to get, but its not gonna be quality stuff either, you know? People who spent hard work into something will not be okay to distribute it with all copyrights.
Like FuriousGamer said, he could try asset stores, but thats not free so yeah.

that's correct, for a machinima move he's making. The copyright would only be related to the showing of the machinima itself of course.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom