Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ace of Spades.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
WTF is it with you people and graphics these days? Yeah, it is dog ugly. Since when does that stand in the way of playability and, you know, fun?

ace6.jpg

I.C. Wiener

Educated
Looks great. I've been wishing since day 1 that multiplayer minecraft had a point (note: I haven't played minecraft in at least 6 months, if they have added 'a point' in a recent update I am unaware).

Site is getting hammered to hell right now so the DL link isn't working, but I'm looking forward to trying this. Thanks for the heads up.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So this is minecraft with actual gameplay? colour me intrigued.

Also, YAY VOXELS!

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
The server system is retarded, the only way for people to connect is via the game's website and you cannot have a password on the server so no private games either.

Sure looks like fun tho, and heh the player POV is trippy as hell, I bet people prone to it will get dizzy and nauseous because of it in no time.

Trash you found an actual working server yet? I'd host one myself but since my U/L is puny it'd probably be no good.

SoupNazi

Crashes instantly on startup. No FAQ or forums on the site. :(

SoupNazi

I played for a bit (figured I had to click on a server not try to run the client) and I must say it is awesome. If just something like this was implemented as a Minecraft mode (smaller, generated map, with guns and intelligence to capture) that'd be even more awesome.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
It's very, very early beta but already a shitload of fun once you find a working server. Game's getting more popular by the second it seems. Guess it being on RPS and it being FREE helps. :lol:

20 Eyes

Liturgist
SoupNazi said:
I played for a bit (figured I had to click on a server not try to run the client) and I must say it is awesome. If just something like this was implemented as a Minecraft mode (smaller, generated map, with guns and intelligence to capture) that'd be even more awesome.

Now that somebody else has thought of the idea, you can safely expect the Minecraft team to steal it.

MetalCraze

Arcane
WTF is it with you people and graphics these days? Yeah, it is dog ugly. Since when does that stand in the way of playability and, you know, fun?

Since the rest in the game is on a par.

Indies are a fucking disgrace of PC platform. Shit even consoles don't have such low-grade shit that indies churn out en masse.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
MetalCraze said:
Indies are a fucking disgrace of PC platform.

Indies are a return to the formula of succes that made pc gaming in the 80's and early 90's so great. A guy or a few guys cobbling together something in their basement that might or might not work. Sure, you have to wade through a pile of shit to get to the gems. Just like you did in those days. But at least you can count on some creativity, originality and fucking love to be poured into these games instead of the products resulting from the daily grind in the cubicle farm at EA or Activision.

I.C. Wiener

Educated
Trash said:
MetalCraze said:
Indies are a fucking disgrace of PC platform.

Indies are a return to the formula of succes that made pc gaming in the 80's and early 90's so great. A guy or a few guys cobbling together something in their basement that might or might not work. Sure, you have to wade through a pile of shit to get to the gems. Just like you did in those days. But at least you can count on some creativity, originality and fucking love to be poured into these games instead of the products resulting from the daily grind in the cubicle farm at EA or Activision.
Your reply is apt, Trash. But when I see a pretentious & edgy freshly-plopped shitpost like the one you responded through the safety of a quotebox it reminds me why MetalCraze is on my double-blocked ignore list.

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
So, is anyone playing this?

I had loads of fun, I meant to replay Witcher, but this is 8-12 times more fun.

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
Yeah, it's much better now, no problems finding a server. The number of players shown lags a bit, I often click on seemingly full servers and get in

Destroid

Arcane
Ah k, persistence is key it seems and a willingness to wait about 30 seconds for the client to actually start while it appears to do nothing.

It's really annoying the way the view autolevels when you look side to side.

Despite not playing a shooter for about a year I still got the touch :love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom