Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Conan free til end of May for former subscribers.

Data4

Arcane
I thought about playing since it's free, but that doesn't change why I left the game in the first place. Still, if any of you have played before and want a peek back in with no commitment, there you go.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Eh. But it doesn't let you into the Khitai areas without the expansion, right? I wouldn't want to go through 20-40 of the 3 vanilla areas again.

Data4

Arcane
Mangoose said:
Eh. But it doesn't let you into the Khitai areas without the expansion, right? I wouldn't want to go through 20-40 of the 3 vanilla areas again.

I'm sure you need it for Khitai, yeah. I'm not sure how long ago you last played, but my understanding is a lot of the original areas got new stuff. Can't say for sure, since I dropped out early on.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I think they mostly filled in the gaps from 50-70 with new content. But I dropped out early also.

I think I will give in and play a new character through Tortage... if I am enjoying myself I'll grab the expansion (only $10 on Amazon), I suppose. I got pissed after hitting level cap, but leveling up was a pretty fun action RPG (just with a lot more grind between levels). I would not be adverse to playing it as it seems like I could spend the majority of my time in new content.

Delirius

Liturgist
Got back to it for a month recently to try out the upgraded engine and it's still a just a boring grindfest without much content.

Since PvP servers are empty and its damn hard to find a party there is basically nothing to do.

AoC is dead.

made

Arcane
Last time they did a free week you could go everywhere including Khitai. It was pretty boring (and buggy -gfx errors all over the place).

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
i would even reinstall if it wouldn't take up 27 gigabites of space.

also several tens of gigbaytes of patches...

btw. care to link the announcement? can't find it on funcoms site anywhere.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Delirius said:
Got back to it for a month recently to try out the upgraded engine and it's still a just a boring grindfest without much content.

Since PvP servers are empty and its damn hard to find a party there is basically nothing to do.

AoC is dead.
Hmm, if you're talking about what I'm thinking about then I've also heard the same. The endgame faction grind in Khitai I heard is absolute shit.

But hopefully your impressions don't have to deal with 1-80. I remember that being somewhat grindy but pretty entertaining.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'd rather have my dick sucked by an alligator than play this shit again ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Fens

Ford of the Llies
conan goes F2P or rather "freemium":
[url=http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/191/feature/5250/Age-of-Conan-Hyborian-Adventures-Hybrid-F2P-QA-with-Craig-Morrison.html:ty98cnh7]executive producer craig morrison[/url] said:
The time is right for Age of Conan now as we recognize the opportunity presented by the increased profile of the license, with the new Conan movie coming out this fall.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, I don't why anyone who isn't Blizzard wouldn't want to switch to "freemium." Champions Online's revenue increased over tenfold when it switched.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
pretty much what's going on right now... publishers cash in on the early adopters, wait for the hype to die down and then go "freemium"

even the abomination that was APB is back with that, though i suspect it will be more nagware than anything else

i'm waiting for star trek to go f2p to give it a try... hope the paying beta-testers will have done a good job until then

Vaarna_Aarne

I for one hope that Champions will port over the Foundry content creator soon, which Cryptic has confirmed they're going to start working on soon (saying the actual porting is quick and easy, preparing Champs for it is hard).

Data4

Arcane
Vaarna_Aarne said:
I for one hope that Champions will port over the Foundry content creator soon, which Cryptic has confirmed they're going to start working on soon (saying the actual porting is quick and easy, preparing Champs for it is hard).

Cryptic was bought by Perfect World International, so expect a whole slew of things to be available for CO. For a nominal fee, of course.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Data4 said:
Cryptic was bought by Perfect World International, so expect a whole slew of things to be available for CO. For a nominal fee, of course.
wait... you mean they were bought by the geniuses who made this ?
9475.jpg

oh i can hardly wait what they will come up with next :lol:

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, all is good then. I was kind of worried when Atari put Cryptic up for sale.

EDIT: All is good in the sense Cryptic isn't floating around in limbo.

Stylo123

Barely Literate
Fens said:
Data4 said:
wait... you mean they were bought by the geniuses who made this ?
9475.jpg

oh i can hardly wait what they will come up with next :lol:

i bet you couldn't even get through one instanced dungeon you noob.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
sup drog

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom