Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence Combat Demo - the Remix

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
denizsi said:
Vault Dweller said:

Are they fixed (I didn't see mention of nets in fixes, though)? Or were they broken in the first demo release to begin with? I used them a several times and couldn't observe any effect. This was asked in another thread as well but wasn't answered unless I missed the answer. I didn't try again in the fixed demo.

The effect is 30% penalty to THC. So it's kinda hard to see if the opponent gets some good rolls. But on average, you should see that he misses more.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Everything that you didn't figure out is broken now? Must be the new definition.

Anyway, nets give your opponents a 30% to-hit penalty. They are very handy against opponents that hit you often and use aimed attacks (which require higher THC).

denizsi

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
Everything that you didn't figure out is broken now?.

Hard to figure out anything at all when they hit you just the same without a single miss every time you use it, unless you are "the one" in "the matrix", which I sadly am not. Perhaps if the NPCs shouted "gee, I just received a 30% to hit penalty, I hope I won't miss the player when I'll attack him in a moment". I'm sure you'd get a different impression even after repeated trials proved useless. It must be my inferior intelligence anyway.

Anyway, thanks for the answer, both of you.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Why are there no upgraded bows in the demo?
I mean, with crossbows there's both scoped and multiple capacity ones for sale, but throughout the whole thing there's only the same 3 bows available, with some variations that doesn't seem to do anything differently from the normal ones.
Kinda makes bows suck compared to crossbows.
Also, are you aware that you can switch to fast shot and precise shot with crossbows using the keyboard shortcuts? Precise shots are useless of course, but the 1 AP fast shots are mean as hell.

Too lazy to read the thread, so sorry if this has already been discussed.

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
PlanHex said:
Also, are you aware that you can switch to fast shot and precise shot with crossbows using the keyboard shortcuts? Precise shots are useless of course, but the 1 AP fast shots are mean as hell.

Yep, already fixed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom