Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ahoy! 3D Cycle Reviewed and Naked Bootleggers

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
This is a nice overview of the 3 x Faux 3D games I did for Ahoy! Magazine.

The comments are packed with rich creamy soy and homoeroticism but the review is a nice summary of the games I wrote at Ahoy! magazine largely emulating DUNGEONS OF DAGGORATH and then slowly evolving into the better options.

This page is filled with so many direct rip-offs from my games at Ahoy! I was really flattered. The author of these games literally lifted whole sections out of my BASIC code and ported them to another platform. I was just shocked he wouldn't mention me in the credits. Check out "War Zone I & II" and "The Living Tomb." These I just spotted scrolling down but I suspect more here are lifted out of my unprotected BASIC text and ported over. I wouldn't have minded at all if he'd asked or just credited me. Kind of fun to see my hastily written magazine games given a good port and compiled speed, to be honest. I could have turned many of my Ahoy! games into commercial games with a little polishing.

P.S. Looks like this guy was selling rip-offs of my games commercially. No, seriously. He didn't even change any of my story from the printed manual, he used it verbatim.

Last edited:

Ladonna

Arcane
You could have if you had done those games here. I remember a kid at school who used to make games for the Microbee computers in Australia, which was starved for anything RPG related. He would make some little arcade game, send it off to Microbee, and they would send him a cheque.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
GG remembers only this?

1. Gerry GroyMay 6, 2023 at 12:42 PM
    It's an ugly, tedious game with monstrous UI. But the RPG Codex crowd loves his "politics" and ability to drone on and on about dildos and gay people, so they pretend it's a top 10 RPG.

I don't know why so many people desperately need others to believe Grimoire isn't a good blobber. Clearly, it is. I have not played in two years and the other day I booted it up and found it so engaging I was deep into Crowl and surrounding systems before I could make myself stop and get back to what I was doing. I had not experienced it in so long it was almost brand new to me and it was deeply immersive. As with all good blobbers I found it fun just to walk around and go through doors to see what was inside.

A person that cannot concede it is a good blobber because of something something about politics or some such millennial lunacy is not a well person. Nothing is more important to the left than being judged a normie but they are distinctly abnormal and I think most of them know it. There is sanity ... and then there is six years later and still foaming like a mad dog whenever somebody says my name or the game's name. No way is a person like that mentally healthy.

Ladonna

Arcane
GG remembers only this?

1. Gerry GroyMay 6, 2023 at 12:42 PM
    It's an ugly, tedious game with monstrous UI. But the RPG Codex crowd loves his "politics" and ability to drone on and on about dildos and gay people, so they pretend it's a top 10 RPG.

I don't know why so many people desperately need others to believe Grimoire isn't a good blobber. Clearly, it is. I have not played in two years and the other day I booted it up and found it so engaging I was deep into Crowl and surrounding systems before I could make myself stop and get back to what I was doing. I had not experienced it in so long it was almost brand new to me and it was deeply immersive. As with all good blobbers I found it fun just to walk around and go through doors to see what was inside.

A person that cannot concede it is a good blobber because of something something about politics or some such millennial lunacy is not a well person. Nothing is more important to the left than being judged a normie but they are distinctly abnormal and I think most of them know it. There is sanity ... and then there is six years later and still foaming like a mad dog whenever somebody says my name or the game's name. No way is a person like that mentally healthy.

I don't think I have come across a review or writeup of the game where your politics aren't mentioned. It's almost like a mea culpa for these people, where even if they happen to say good things about the game, they first of all have to give a run down of how evil you are, in an almost apologetic way, before saying anything positive.

"Yes, I know he is literally Hitler. Evil Evil Evil. But in spite of this, the game is actually pretty good...please guys, I said he was Hitler. Did I mention he was Hitler?"

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I had not experienced it in so long it was almost brand new to me and it was deeply immersive. As with all good blobbers I found it fun just to walk around and go through doors to see what was inside.

"You could literally have worked on this game for 20 years and it would still be brand new to you". Not sure if serious or best sales pitch ever

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I had not experienced it in so long it was almost brand new to me and it was deeply immersive. As with all good blobbers I found it fun just to walk around and go through doors to see what was inside.

"You could literally have worked on this game for 20 years and it would still be brand new to you". Not sure if serious or best sales pitch ever
Game is so loaded it can be compared to Wiz 7 just for content in open world design. I have forgotten a lot of it. Many things in Tomb of Saint George and connected areas I forgot about.

Beast British

Novice
It was nice of you to dedicate a small tomb to George Floyd. Rest in power.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom