Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms - ARPG with dynamic overworld - now on Early Access

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Looki good, but I'm afraid that one day I will open door of my house and pizza dude turn out to be MCA.
At least he will have an honourable job!

laclongquan

Arcane
Video marketing failz~
Teaser trailer with gameplay footage:

Steam page:

1. No female nekkid character avatar is a huge oversight~ Especially when you can not display what is unique and attention grabbing about your game.

2. On video part, too many words. No one can read enough of them in the screen time they got. The video maker should just cut the words down to essential number. Like maybe 1/5 of them. Less words, more action/effect.

3. Did i say no female nekkid before? The last hero versus big boss scene is illustrative of it. If there's a female with much bare flesh there I am sure the amount of critics would be reduced much.

There's a reason "sex sells" technique still works and always works. The question is whether you have the marketing savvy to make use of it.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
This looks generic as fuck, but also the gameplay reminds me of Revenant a bit? The melee combat maybe?

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
"We have a layer of randomly generated contents. We have a layer of handwritten contents. If you play straightforward it's at least an hour, two hours. If you play like an oldschool RPG it's at least, uh... a dozen"

:decline:

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Game might become another epic exclusive
Acording to the devs.
REEEEEEEEEEEE GAMERS RISE. EGS BAD, ORANGE MAN BAD. COMMUNIST CHINA IS TRYING TO STEAL MY INFORMATION THROUGH EPIC GAME STORE (=TENCENT!). NEVER EVER, CHINA!

OldNorseSaga

Learned
Are you sure? Last time i've spoken with the dev (since he's from my city) he said that they'll probably take both Steam and Gog

"Game will be on GOG, unless somethign epic happens"

when saying I won't buy it on epic, he said
"let's see what happens"

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
The codex will praise this game

EDIT: Just realized it's not turn-based......

Last edited:

Alberto Belli

Gamera Interactive
Developer
"We have a layer of randomly generated contents. We have a layer of handwritten contents. If you play straightforward it's at least an hour, two hours. If you play like an oldschool RPG it's at least, uh... a dozen"

:decline:

Hey mate, if you play the game straightforward it could be TEN hours, TWELVE hours. If you play like an oldschool DOZEN(S)

It's really up to you (and it's up to us the way we are working on IA that could offer different challenges of course)

It was interview number 23 of the day, my english was gone. Hope it could help!

A.

Last edited:

Alberto Belli

Gamera Interactive
Developer
This looks generic as fuck, but also the gameplay reminds me of Revenant a bit? The melee combat maybe?

We prefer "high-fantasy" :D Anyway, we've just shown Edherest -> humans. Humans -> middle age-like stuff. Much more on the way

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Hey mate, if you play the game straightforward it could be TEN hours, TWELVE hours. If you play like an oldschool DOZEN(S)

I don't understand what you mean by straightforward and oldschool.

How about if I only want to focus on the handwritten content and avoid all of the randomly generated stuff?

Last edited:

Alberto Belli

Gamera Interactive
Developer
You can do whatever you want :)
The point is that you are on the hunt for 4 pieces of the artifact you need to enter The Fifth Kingdom and kill Alaloth. Each piece of this artifact spawns (randomically) in the four kingdoms (1 x kingdom). You have to look for these objects while the champions of the other races are doing the same. And you can theorically just "clean" all the fighting areas in the world without doing anything else. But if you want to take your time, explore, travel, do quests and so on, it's up to you. That's why we are saying in between old school & modern action :)

Alberto Belli

Gamera Interactive
Developer
Hello all!
Alaloth just got a brand new 4 mins Story Trailer at E3, to know more about the back story behind the game world Chris has shaped :)

Enjoy

Chris Avellone has joined the team as Creative Consultant to assist

Keywords are consultant and assist. That means he does not have the full creative power and freedom to dream do his PST thing.

So he will just phone in a coupe of lines if he is ever sober.

Which games where Chris consulted turned out great storyfag wise? WL2? PoE? :lol:

So Chris is back to his kickstarter era job as a PR man.

If namedropping CHris is the only thing getting you all interested in this title, well prepare for disappointment, cope and possible butthurt.

Alberto Belli

Gamera Interactive
Developer
Chris Avellone has joined the team as Creative Consultant to assist

Keywords are consultant and assist. That means he does not have the full creative power and freedom to dream do his PST thing.

So he will just phone in a coupe of lines if he is ever sober.

Which games where Chris consulted turned out great storyfag wise? WL2? PoE? :lol:

So Chris is back to his kickstarter era job as a PR man.

If namedropping CHris is the only thing getting you all interested in this title, well prepare for disappointment, cope and possible butthurt.

Damn, previous answer has been wiped. Again. If you are worried about "the writing" i can assure you that it is what Chris does in his and what is doing with us too (actually, he wrote this trailer too). Don't know what's your problem with the keywords you mentioned but as i just said, both mean writing for us. With the freedom that we can give, following our vision of the game, our tech and our budgets. As said previously (lot of stuff online including the very first press release), he took care of the world lore basically. Which means places, characters, stories, pantheon and so on. And we are super happy, constantly learning new stuff from one of the best, even in terms of production. We are not a huge team so what we can do is just keep working with the hope to make everyone happy without disappointing anyone. If you want to chat, just join us on Discord (not everyone at E3 now!). Ciao!

Alberto Belli

Gamera Interactive
Developer
Let me add that we already have a good PR and there are no plans for Kickstarter (never been an option). Ciao!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom