Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Albion Now Available on GOG

Koschey

Arcane
Nice to see GOG still release some good old games from time to time.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Tags: Albion; Blue Byte; Ubisoft

The unique 1995 RPG Albion, particularly beloved by German RPG fans, is now finally available on GOG courtesy of Ubisoft.

It is the year 2227, and the gigantic interstellar factory ship, Toronto, cruises toward a lifeless planet endowed with a wealth of minerals. While studying the planet in his shuttlecraft, the pilot, Tom Driscoll, unavoidably crash lands. Against all expectations, he survives to discover his craft has landed in a world rich in flora and fauna, and inhabited by intelligent beings. How could the data on the planet of Albion have been so wrong?

Take on the role of Tom Driscoll and explore the extensive world of Albion and its endless surprises in this turn-based, tactical RPG. Experience its vast beauty and strange cultures… but beware of its many hidden dangers! You, and the companions you acquire on your journey, will experience countless adventures together and your resourcefulness, skills of negotiation and ability to deal with numerous inhabitants will be repeatedly put to the test. But most importantly, your resolve in battle will determine not only your own fate, but that of the entire world.
  • Role-playing adventure with an engaging storyline and interactive dialogue
  • Turn-based, tactical combat
  • User-friendly and intuitive interface and navigation
  • Expansive and captivating game-world
There is no official launch trailer or anything so I will just embed this episode of Matt Chat instead:

Grab the game here.

Aside from that, the post-apoc sim Archimedean Dynasty is now available on GOG as well.

2ayRV22.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Heresiarch

Prophet
My biggest problem with this game was that I ALWAYS get motion sickness when it comes to the FPS part. It was completely unbearable.

I really wish to try this game again but I am scared that I may feel like puking again.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah this game 3d parts (and they are looong) had brutal pixelization that is sure to give you a headache and eyestrain. It's a pity because it's quite pretty in the 2d parts.

Leitz

Learned
Can somebody explain to me how this works: A game is abandonware and after some years a company buys the license so they can sell it again. In the near future GOG has the licenses to all old school games in existence and thus control over the universe! I hope the devs get enough money out of it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Blue Byte was acquired by Ubisoft in 2001 and still exists as a development studio. Looking at Mobygames, it seems that some people who worked on Albion actually continued working for Ubisoft well into the 2000s.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom